replied
    exactly

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    AMD Linux

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
    You should know what I've said is true because I'm a semi-anonymous poster on an Internet forum and I confidently presented it as true.
    ... and I read your post twice, so I guess it's double-confirmed

Leave a comment:

• cybertraveler

• cybertraveler
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post

I admit to being an irrational coffee zealot, but I hope that doesn't make me a bad person.
    There's a special level of hell reserved for your type. I'm sorry, but... bad person confirmed.

You should know what I've said is true because I'm a semi-anonymous poster on an Internet forum and I confidently presented it as true.

note: I too am coffee-inclined, so I guess as the saying goes... I'll see you in hell.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by zakhrov View Post

Sounds more like a job for fwupd/LVFS
    i have had the same thought. its time that any firmware/ bios should be applied with this tool. so that finally no dos-bootstick-cd weirdo thjngy is necessary any more. im thinking of a gparted like rescue image. just boot the fwup thing and get your stuff up to date (snapshot on the disk or with buildin lan support for fetching datas remote). at the moment every vendor has its own 89ies retro tool or this rgb superoc cool guy eye cancer cusing gui crap
    CochainComplex
    Last edited by CochainComplex; 23 January 2020, 12:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zakhrov
    Phoronix Member

• zakhrov
    replied
    Originally posted by wertigon View Post

In the Linux world and ideally, this would he solved with a Mesa Utility.
    Sounds more like a job for fwupd/LVFS

Leave a comment:

• zakhrov
    Phoronix Member

• zakhrov
    replied
    @bridgeman Any update on the vBIOS issue Michael faced?

Leave a comment:

• wertigon
    Phoronix Member

• wertigon
    replied
    Originally posted by DoofusOfDeath View Post
    Sorry if I'm just not seeing the relevant comment, but what's AMD's answer to how Linux users are supposed to upgrade the 5600 XT's vbios?
    From initial research it seems like there is a CLI utility available for DOSBox.

I do agree with you though, it's strange that AMD has no apparent way to upgrade the GPU BIOS. Given the low numbers of Linux enthusiasts doing weird stuff with their computers though (that market is pretty much 99.9999% Windows). I can understand that it's not a priority.

In the Linux world and ideally, this would he solved with a Mesa Utility.

Leave a comment:

• birdie

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by DoofusOfDeath View Post
    Sorry if I'm just not seeing the relevant comment, but what's AMD's answer to how Linux users are supposed to upgrade the 5600 XT's vbios?
    Install an evaluation version of Windows 10 and run the updater. Reboot.

Leave a comment:

• DoofusOfDeath

• DoofusOfDeath
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    AMD Linux

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
    Also: anyone here who has a personal preference for coffee over tea. You guys are irrational coffee zealots too.
    I admit to being an irrational coffee zealot, but I hope that doesn't make me a bad person.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X