Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA RTX 2060 / 2070 / 2080 SUPER Linux Gaming Performance - 26 GPUs Benchmarked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice to see nvidia with their close drivers doing better against amd in most of the games.

Comment

Originally posted by philips View Post
      GTX 1080Ti lower in performance than GTX 1660 and RX 570? (Hitman results)
      Yeah, there has got to be something wrong with those 1080ti results as that card performed far better in the Radeon VII review last year. https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ii-linux&num=5

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post

Well Super cards were out before Navi. Either way highend is not what most people buy and no I'm not calling >$350 cards midrange.

The real battle will be on midrange(Sweet pot being $200-$250 range), after smaller Navi releases and Nvidia's response to them. But smaller Turings does not have RTX burden to carry out so I'm not expecting AMD beating those in perf/W.
        I'm talking about the 2060 Super.

Comment

Without 'bulk moves'.
          http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ble-Bulk-Moves
          and especially this
          https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...lk-Moves-Valve
          Last edited by nuetzel; 09-26-2019, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I'm talking about the 2060 Super.
            The 2060 Super was released at the same time (with both the 2070 Super and Navi), and still has a >$350 price, so I'm not sure which part you thought tuke81 had wrong.

Also, your initial post mentioned being better than the 5700 XT, and the 2060 Super is definitely slower than that. It only beats the 5700 non-XT.
            Last edited by smitty3268; 09-27-2019, 01:15 AM.

Comment

2080TI why you cost so much? I want to upgrade from my 1080TI but not if it means selling some of my organs off...

Comment

Results seems to be all over the place.
                Many games that use vulkan and doesn't seem to perform as good on radeon cards.
                It's actually hard to keep track on used api's like native games with OpenGL or vulkan or non-native windows games using dxvk and so on, maybe it's time to start presenting whats used in each benchmark since it can be so many these days.
                It's virtually impossible to keep track on what's used in each game.
                I don't know if it should be written or if symbols could be used but i do think it needs to be presented for every graph.
                Some games got render OpenGL or Vulkan but many don't there's no non-native or dxvk and so on, even if it's written in the text it should be presented directly in the graphs.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

The 2060 Super was released at the same time (with both the 2070 Super and Navi), and still has a >$350 price, so I'm not sure which part you thought tuke81 had wrong.

Also, your initial post mentioned being better than the 5700 XT, and the 2060 Super is definitely slower than that. It only beats the 5700 non-XT.
                  In 90% of the graphs it beats the XT...

I thought that tuke81 meant high-end only (which excludes 2060 Super)

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

In 90% of the graphs it beats the XT...
                    Hmm... I went back and you are actually correct about that. Now I'm curious how it is that the geometric mean chart at the end has the 5700XT so far in the lead.

Anyway, that result is more in line with what the Windows tests show, so I suspect the poor performance here is more due to poor drivers than just bad hardware. Hopefully it can get fixed.

I thought that tuke81 meant high-end only (which excludes 2060 Super)
                    Well, you quoted him saying
                    I'm not calling >$350 cards midrange.
                    but I agree it's fair to argue that the 2060 isn't exactly a high end card either.

Comment

Hmm... I went back and you are actually correct about that. Now I'm curious how it is that the geometric mean chart at the end has the 5700XT so far in the lead.
                      Perhaps due to Hitman.

Anyway, that result is more in line with what the Windows tests show, so I suspect the poor performance here is more due to poor drivers than just bad hardware. Hopefully it can get fixed.
                      Note that the Windows drivers are only slightly faster than the AMDGPU-PRO ones.

the 2060 isn't exactly a high end card either.
                      Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                      X