Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon RX 5700 / RX 5700 XT Linux Gaming Performance With AMDGPU 5.3 + Mesa 19.2-devel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marek View Post

The previous results included more OpenGL benchmarks, and RadeonSI is often faster than RADV.
    marek Would it be possible to take a look at this bug?

radeonsi is a fantastic driver, but this bug has a nasty impact for at least GFX8 owners.
    I'm 100% certain that the issue completely disappears by turning off async DMA.

Comment

Good start from AMD performance wise on Linux for Navi with the 5700xt beating the more expensive RTX 2070 as it does on windows.

Hope AMD can specifically look at the games which are under-performing and see what can be tuned.

Comment

Well, still sitting on the fence with my 7970 released in 2012 8 years old card has given some serious value for money.

Almost bought cheap RX 580 though. Maybe will trigger to buy 5700 when it is plug & play on Linux and delivery within 1 to 2 days, yet RX 580 is still interesting because it can do 1080p gaming good with half of the price of 5700. If Linux would have well working VR the choice would be simple.

Comment

first six mounths the drivers will improve a lot

Comment

Geometric Mean chart is cool but I would also like to see a price to performance chart was well.

Comment

too bad there is no SUPER card in these tests.

Comment

They've done pretty good job so far they've fixed most of the initial launch day issues, all I have left on my 5700XT is the aforementioned Rise of the Tomb Raider issue and this font corruption in Overwatch https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=111248

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
                  Well, still sitting on the fence with my 7970 released in 2012 8 years old card has given some serious value for money.

Almost bought cheap RX 580 though. Maybe will trigger to buy 5700 when it is plug & play on Linux and delivery within 1 to 2 days, yet RX 580 is still interesting because it can do 1080p gaming good with half of the price of 5700. If Linux would have well working VR the choice would be simple.
                  surely linux will have well working vr during 8 year lifetime of your card

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                    surely linux will have well working vr during 8 year lifetime of your card
                    Good point, 5700 it shall be.

Comment

Working...
                    X