Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Radeon RX 5700 / RX 5700XT Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Phoronix: AMD Radeon RX 5700 / RX 5700XT Linux Gaming Benchmarks

While last month we could talk all about the specifications for the Radeon RX 5700 series, today the embargo has lifted concerning the Radeon RX 5700/5700XT graphics cards so we can finally talk about the actual (Linux) performance. The road is a bit rougher than we had hoped, but it's possible to drive these new Navi graphics cards today using their open-source graphics driver stack at least for OpenGL games/applications. Over the weeks ahead, the Linux driver support for Navi will continue to improve.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hi, Michael! Thank you for your great work, but we want the Valve ACO shader compiler benchmarks vs. Windows 10.

Comment

Originally posted by ZFKerr View Post
      Hi, Michael! Thank you for your great work, but we want the Valve ACO shader compiler benchmarks vs. Windows 10.
      I only have so much time in a day.... ACO benchmarks will come in time. But ACO is entirely irrelevant in this discussion since ACO is for RADV and there isn't even Navi RADV support yet.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

finally a amd gpu that does not use that much power.
        and it also looks so greate.
        Now i really want o see the DXVK/Vulkan performance

Comment

Looking good, better than i would have guessed.

Comment

AMD has done great, disruptive work with Ryzen 3000. It's a shame that navi is a bit of a non story after nvidia cut prices and released the super cards.

Comment

Sounds like unfortunate launches of Ryzen 3000 and Navis ... one needs newer kernel, other needs older distro

But OK all that is really new, chipset too so hopefully combo will be in great beta shape by the Xmas
              Last edited by dungeon; 07 July 2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Looks like Nvidia had abandoned their OpenGL driver optimizations. But most of the recent games came in Vulkan now, eider by Feral ports, or by Proton, where Nvidia still had a lead.

Comment

Very, very awesome. A GPU from AMD that competes with the 2080s at half their price. Nvidia needs to start worrying...especially since AMD has Fine Wine Drivers meaning that these cards will only become better and better.

Comment

Will give it a couple months but I am looking forward to finally upgrading my video card from my old GTX 770 to one of these 5700 cards.

Comment

Working...
                    X