Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Current Radeon RX Vega 64 / Radeon VII Linux OpenCL Performance Against NVIDIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by vegabook View Post
    As I advised (in your case) it might take a few months for it to sink in.... do please reach out in Feb or so if you' still haven't got it. 👍
    "It" being what?
    For someone being so cocky and arrogant, you sure are vague. If you're so sure you're right, you should have no problem being specific and concise, but you keep dancing around the subject and avoiding my questions.

Leave a comment:

• vegabook
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Lots of words with no substance at all. Elaborate, please.

Not sure what your point is here. Where am I disagreeing with that?
    As I advised (in your case) it might take a few months for it to sink in.... do please reach out in Feb or so if you' still haven't got it. 👍

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    You're betraying your poor grasp of computer science again, not to mention a generally tragic lack of intelligence, sadly and all too predictably characterised by a negative correlation with the amount of eye-rolling verbiage you emit.
    Lots of words with no substance at all. Elaborate, please.
    O(higher order than N) algos don't care about a few percentage points of perf, even 50%. But orders of magnitude matter.[/qoute]
    Not sure what your point is here. Where am I disagreeing with that?

Leave a comment:

• vegabook
    replied
    Dude... it's been nearly 4 months. If you haven't been able to "crush" me now, you won't ever (that being said, not sure what you meant by "again", seeing as I don't recall you ever doing it before). If there was so little to comment on about my point, then why did you? And what is there to expand on? Just look at the graphs in the article; no point in me elaborating when Michael did the work for me.
    You insist you're right, but I'm calling your bluff.
    You're betraying your poor grasp of computer science again, not to mention a generally tragic lack of intelligence, sadly and all too predictably characterised by a negative correlation with the amount of eye-rolling verbiage you emit.

O(higher order than N) algos don't care about a few percentage points of perf, even 50%. But orders of magnitude matter.

https://techgage.com/article/testing...l-performance/

Now take a good look at that, let it sink in over the next few months. haha
    Last edited by vegabook; 07 October 2019, 05:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Ooooh it's schmidtbag again! I won't go into answering your vacant point because there's nothing there to comment on other than insults, though had you expanded a bit more with your usual idiocy I might have had the opportunity to crush you again!
    Dude... it's been nearly 4 months. If you haven't been able to "crush" me now, you won't ever (that being said, not sure what you meant by "again", seeing as I don't recall you ever doing it before). If there was so little to comment on about my point, then why did you? And what is there to expand on? Just look at the graphs in the article; no point in me elaborating when Michael did the work for me.
    You insist you're right, but I'm calling your bluff.

Leave a comment:

• vegabook
    replied
    I don't disagree that most of these tests aren't very meaningful, but, you are so obviously butthurt and biased that you didn't even realize the few cases where Nvidia is crushing AMD in memory tests...
    Ooooh it's schmidtbag again! I won't go into answering your vacant point because there's nothing there to comment on other than insults, though had you expanded a bit more with your usual idiocy I might have had the opportunity to crush you again!

Leave a comment:

• dylo
    replied
    Summary please and if i need great gpu for video editing with kdenlive, what is better for me, amd or nvidia?

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    The only place where you're seeing AMD beating Nvidia is on your memory bandwidth benchmarks, where obviously HBM2 is going to beat GDDR6.
    I don't disagree that most of these tests aren't very meaningful, but, you are so obviously butthurt and biased that you didn't even realize the few cases where Nvidia is crushing AMD in memory tests...

Leave a comment:

• max0x7ba
    replied
    These synthetic benchmarks are pretty much meaningless

Benchmark the latest TensorFlow: https://www.tensorflow.org/guide/performance/benchmarks

Leave a comment:

• hotaru
    replied
    how do those Nvidia cards do with open source drivers? that would be a much more interesting comparison.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X