Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
    >4k on a 24" monitor
    Good look with the shi* Windows and Linux scalling.
    It's fine on Windows 10 though with like 99% of the programs...
    On Linux it needs some work (DPI font scaling often helps)

Comment

im to old for this childsize monitor 32" is tha absolut minimum

Comment

Originally posted by gorgone View Post
        im to old for this childsize monitor 32" is tha absolut minimum
        You call that a decent monitor size??? This is my minimum size!

Comment

Ideal pixel density for text editor and programming. Just imagine those crisp, jagg-free fonts.

Comment

Originally posted by reavertm View Post
            Ideal pixel density for text editor and programming. Just imagine those crisp, jagg-free fonts.
            this,! For me beautiful font rendering is worth a hidpi 4k display, even if I had to game at 1080p

Comment

I'm sort of hooked in 40-43" display size these days. I love my Qnix 40" curved 4k screen but the back-light is crap in certain settings and its only 60hz.
              But for 819AUD to the door, can't complain, even today most can't be had for that price.

Comment

Originally posted by reavertm View Post
                Exact reason i bought it a year ago. Had to ditch gnome for kde though because it scales better.

Comment

When I saw the price I thought to myself "Well that's definitely a TN panel display" and was positively surprised to see that I was wrong as it's an IPS panel display. Also thought that they'd cut out the 10cm x 10cm VESA mount to save costs, but it's even got one of them.

Thus it's a bit of a shame that I'm fully sorted for displays for the next few years after I upgraded my setup to a full dual 1440x2560 setup a year and a half ago. Only complaint that I have about my current setup is that only one of the displays is actually VESA-mountable.

Oh and before anyone suggests any DIY setups, I got the monitor with an actual VESA mount because my DIY setup failed when the display fell off the mount with a very loud bang at 4 AM. Turns out that counter to what the Clas Ohlson sales rep told me, the glue (incidentally the strongest one they had in the store) didn't work with all types of plastic, particularly "fatty" ones like used for the backside of the monitor in question.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                    Oh and before anyone suggests any DIY setups, I got the monitor with an actual VESA mount because my DIY setup failed when the display fell off the mount with a very loud bang at 4 AM. Turns out that counter to what the Clas Ohlson sales rep told me, the glue (incidentally the strongest one they had in the store) didn't work with all types of plastic, particularly "fatty" ones like used for the backside of the monitor in question.
                    To be honest, I didn't even anticipate that you'd be talking about glue because I don't trust myself to anticipate all the details needed to choose and apply it properly.

Were I in your situation, I'd have stopped by the hardware store for suitable metal bits, built some kind of cradle for the monitor to sit in, and then spray-painted them black... or, if I were feeling destructive, opened up the monitor to see if there were holes for VESA standoffs in the metal housing of the white-box LCD panel unit, installed some, and then taken my drill press to the rear plastic piece.

(Companies with names you recognize don't make consumer LCD panels. They just source the core unit, preassembled, from some Chinese company you've never heard of and build the outer shell and the PCB for the buttons. Typically, you'll see a label listing said white-box manufacturer's name and part number still present on the inner casing if you open up an LCD.)
                    Last edited by ssokolow; 02 May 2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                      I'm sort of hooked in 40-43" display size these days. I love my Qnix 40" curved 4k screen but the back-light is crap in certain settings and its only 60hz.
                      But for 819AUD to the door, can't complain, even today most can't be had for that price.
                      If you don't care about the curve, the Walmart nearest me sells 40"-50" Roku 4K TVs in the $300-$400 range. For $800 I could get a 65" 4K. Don't know how much it'll cost to ship to almost the other side of the world

My 49" 1080p TV is a Roku TV and it makes a decent monitor. $229...Sam's Club...they fucked up and rung it up it as a 43 Roku TV" TV...no, I did not correct them

Comment

Working...
                      X