Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon VII Linux Benchmarks - Powerful Open-Source Graphics For Compute & Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheYoshiGuy View Post
    I'm sure the emulator devs having Nvidia cards plays a big roles as well.
    And this is why AMD needs to attract developers to Radeon. And SR-IOV support would make a card more interesting for development, as you can run stuff concurrently in VMs (e.g. compare emulator with VM behavior in real time).

Comment

I'm impressed, really, this is the only GPU that I've actually wanted to buy since the 980-Ti, and I couldn't afford the 980-Ti until it got a 50% price cut when the 1000 series finally came from nvidia; which made it a better deal than anything AMD was offering at the time. But this... A card that not only serves all my performance needs with a 4k screen, but also my Linux needs? Gonna be hard for me to avoid buying this.

Comment

Over at Level1Techs, someone posted their
        Code:
        # lspci -vvv
        output.
        Unfortunately the PCI descriptor did not contain
        Code:
        Capabilities [...] Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV)
        So it looks like, at least with the current firmware, no SR-IOV.

Comment

Wow this is the card I have been waiting for for my 4k gaming. I was after a 1080 Ti, but the prices kept going up as they sold out. I couldn't quite stomach the price of the newer NVIDIA cards, now AMD pull this out and it runs on open source drivers! Sold and Pre-ordered...

Comment

Originally posted by audir8 View Post
            Good job AMD on getting 7nm out! I'll switch to AMDVLK from RADV if you fix problems like these. Specifically lockups on my new RX 580 when my 1700 is idle. Never had issues with 1700+1050.
            Not sure if you're in a similar situation I was in. I was running an early R7 1700 (w/ performance marginality bug) and an RX580. Was getting lockups at idle fairly frequently (every few days when I was gone at work). Then I upgraded the R7 1700 to a 2700 last year, and the lockups went away. Not sure what the interplay there was, and I just stuck the 1700 in a box for a rainy day project (or RMA).

My system currently says it has an uptime of 22 days, and I'm pretty sure that was a manual reboot for kernel upgrade (or because I cut the wrong breaker when replacing an outlet).

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              I haven't heard a statement either way about SR-IOV and Radeon VII, so best to assume that it will not be supported for now. If I find out differently I will try to let you know.
              Any news about Radeon VII MxGPU/SR-IOV support?
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                Any news about Radeon VII MxGPU/SR-IOV support?
                No... you should still assume no SR-IOV support unless we announce something different.
                Test signature

Comment

Just got one of those VII cards in my possession but i cant figure any way to get openCL support on linux. I either get a blackscreen or "no CL device detectected", no matter what driver or kernel constellation i try on 18.04.03 or other distros.

Comment

Working...
                  X