Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon VII Linux Benchmarks - Powerful Open-Source Graphics For Compute & Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder how Vulkan performance is with AMDGPU-PRO and AMDVLK.

Comment

I expected to be a meme like vega but surprisingly it isn't. Neat.
      Great article too!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoll View Post
        These benchmarks are amazing! I've been expecting them to be a lot worse frankly, boy am I glad I was wrong. Now if this card was $100 cheaper than the RTX 2080 then it would be easily the winner. We're going to pay more for the 16GB HBM2 which, like the RTX, is probably not going to be utilized by modern games, even with heavy texture packs.
        EDIT: They just increased the price form 599 to 699...

There you go, but is out of stock for the moment:
        Buy XFX Radeon VII DirectX 12 RX-VEGMA3FD6 16GB 4096-Bit HBM2 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Newegg shopping upgraded â„¢
        Last edited by phrix; 07 February 2019, 11:08 AM. Reason: Update for price increase.

Comment

That's amazing. AMD has something that competes with the Nvidia XX80s.

Comment

I must say, good job to the AMD Linux team - you seemed to have yielded better overall results than Windows. That's a major accomplishment as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

it is great to see performance of RX VEGA 60 2nd generation = Radeon VII

Comment

I don't want to be ungrateful but I expected a bit more and I know it's not easy to develop hardware this complex. But they shrunk the architecture from 14 to 7 nm and overclocked it yet it barely touched Nvidia's hi-end cards in few workloads. And I wouldn't say a thing if the price didn't look like April fools joke. Let's hope drivers will fix this at some point.

Comment

Its so pretty

Comment

Originally posted by phrix View Post

EDIT: They just increased the price form 599 to 699...

There you go, but is out of stock for the moment:
                    What do you mean, when was the R VII ever 599?

Comment

Fans spinning at almost 3000rpm = dealbreaker.
                      Pretty much anything over 1500rpm is for me a dealbreaker.
                      Was expecting better from a 3x axial fan setup, but then again, the chip is not that big and all that power in such small surface area is difficult to cool, but still.
                      I like what I see otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                      X