No announcement yet.

Hands On With The AMD Radeon VII, Linux Ready To Light Up 7nm Vega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might buy one for the next 5 years. Still need though first games which my current card can't handle.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
      Might buy one for the next 5 years. Still need though first games which my current card can't handle.
      Just buy a Monitor with higher Resolution/Frequency and you have "solved" that "Problem".

Comment

Originally posted by dlq84 View Post
        Very nice of them to send you a review card, that means the Linux support must be good.
        Not only that, but Michael actually got his on time, along with the acrylic plaque. That's some real progress there. 3 years ago, he was lucky if they'd even consider sending him something, but now he's treated like one of the bigger reviewers.

Comment

Congratulations to Michael and AMD.
          I'm looking forward to the benchmarks.

Comment

Very cool. The only reviewer I give a shit about, next to hairy Steve at Gamers Nexus.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
              Very cool. The only reviewer I give a shit about, next to hairy Steve at Gamers Nexus.
              + AdoredTV

Comment

Originally posted by dlq84 View Post
                Very nice of them to send you a review card, that means the Linux support must be good.
                There's lots of reading between the lines going on with reads of this article ;-)

Comment

I'm dying to know if the Radeon VII supports SR-IOV, please let us know when the embargo lifts.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    There is mainline support for the Radeon VII support on Linux baked into the latest components, but of course, especially with new hardware it's always recommended to be using the latest and greatest (ideally, Git master) versions of components for the best support and performance. On launch day I'll go into all of the Linux driver requirements/recommendations.
                    It would be great to have a summary on the OOTB experience with a plain Ubuntu install. Will it work at all, perhaps at reduced performance, but enough to be able to download and install the latest driver code?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      As far as I know that game doesn't have any support for scripted/automated benchmarks from the command line?
                      Maybe something could be hacked together with Sikuli or something, gonna see how much trouble it'd be to use Sikuli to set up benchmarks in games with bad accessibility.

Comment

Working...
                      X