NVIDIA vs. Radeon Linux 5.0 + Mesa 19.0 Drivers - 14-Way Gaming GPU Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    I was briefly pleased to notice that the cemu.info site says that CEMU runs well on AMD hardware, but that was before I realized they were talking about Windows only.
    Just to note, their website is a little deceptive there and doesn't reflect the real world: It actually doesn't run well on AMD hardware on Windows, if you mention you're running an AMD card with CEmu, they'll tell you to expect bad framerates and to try Linux instead as it'll perform better (due to poor OpenGL performance with AMD drivers on Windows). One of the few times where I've seen the general public recommend Linux over Windows for gaming. It's why many of their users are crying out for it to support Vulkan as that'll negate the performance issue for AMD users on Windows.

Here they are asking developers to run Mario Kart 8 in an CEMU to reproduce an issue
    Yes asking the devs to run through an emulator is not best, I agree...
    No-one's asking the devs to run anything, people are just explaining what triggered the crash and a direct way to reproduce it. Currently my Vega hard-crashes with Cemu and Yuzu, which basically makes my Vega a very expensive paperweight. The fact that bridgeman implies this may never be fixed due to conflict of interest with their partners puts me off ever buying AMD cards again in case other things (that worked fine with Nvidia) won't work with the AMD card due to concerns about their partners (ignoring the fact that these errors, especially complete GPU hard lockups should clearly never happen).
    Last edited by Enverex; 02 February 2019, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enverex View Post

The fact that bridgeman implies this may never be fixed due to conflict of interest with their partners puts me off ever buying AMD cards again in case other things (that worked fine with Nvidia) won't work with the AMD card due to concerns about their partners (ignoring the fact that these errors, especially complete GPU hard lockups should clearly never happen).
      Yeah, this would have been good to know ahead of time as I could have bought a STRIX GTX 1080 for about AU$120 less than the Vega64 at the time, but saw all the positive comments/articles here about AMD + Linux here and decided to give them a go
      As you said though, we'll probably just have to wait for Vulkan.

Comment

Working...
      X