Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GeForce RTX 2060 Launches For Turing GPU At $349 USD, NVIDIA To Support Adaptive-Sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce RTX 2060 Launches For Turing GPU At $349 USD, NVIDIA To Support Adaptive-Sync

Phoronix: GeForce RTX 2060 Launches For Turing GPU At $349 USD, NVIDIA To Support Adaptive-Sync

NVIDIA used their CES keynote on Sunday night to announce the GeForce RTX 2060, their newest Turing graphics card priced at $349 USD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's always nice to see when open standards win.

It would be even better if such a standard existed for Linux, so that we could all win too but that doesn't seem to be coming any time soon.

Comment

NVIDIA will also begin supporting VESA Adaptive-Sync monitors in a future driver update.
      Finally.

Comment

NVIDIA will also begin supporting VESA Adaptive-Sync monitors in a future driver update.
        So can we start playing "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" for GSYNC now? Because I sure can't wait to do so...

Comment

I'm surprised that the VESA Adaptive-Sync story is the most important news in this article and it's not a separate article.

Comment

So, official death for G-Sync

Not that AMD does not still support Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              It's always nice to see when open standards win.
              I would say common standards, rather than open

There are so much FreeSync monitors nowdays, so it would be stupid to ignore that.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                So, official death for G-Sync

Not that AMD does not still support Mantle
                Well, they still ship Mantle with their drivers, it's just that they consider Vulkan more interesting to support. And since Vulkan is a superset of Mantle, why would they bother actively supporting both? Especially since Mantle-enabled games are very limited.

Comment

Take that everyone who said it couldn't be done on Nvidia hardware every time I posted about how cool it would be if Nouveau could implement Adaptive Sync.

Comment

The Adaptive Sync support to me means they already know Intel discrete GPUs will use it, so they know G-Sync future is doomed.

I saw a Nvidia fanboy bitching that Gsync monitors launches are starting to slow down.

The Xbox One console already support Freesync. You bet the PS5 will too.

To save face, for now, Nvidia tested "over 400" monitors and only 12 passed their tests, but aparently you will be allowed to try to enable Freesync in anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X