Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GeForce RTX 2060 Launches For Turing GPU At $349 USD, NVIDIA To Support Adaptive-Sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HenryM
    replied
    I guess it's nice to see NV finally caving on Freesync, but I feel like this card could be $100 cheaper.
    this will probably leave a very comfortable place in the market for AMD's (hopefully) soon to be announced goods.

Leave a comment:

• Aeder
    replied
    Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

I was looking at the benchmarks, it actually perform better than GTX 1070 and Vega 56/64 in most games, but cost less with less power. I looks like the first card of the RTX line to be a honest good buy.
    Most reviewers seem to be saying it's a bad buy though because they leaked a 1160 in the works that has the same specs minus the useless ray tracing stuff that almost no games support and that cuts frame rate in half, making it unusable on anything less than a RTX 2080.

Leave a comment:

• Spacefish
    replied
    It´s impossible to implement it for 9xx series cards in noveau because the firmware is signed and this probably needs firmware support. NVIDIA can do it but they won´t as they want to sell 10xx and 20xx cards.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    The Adaptive Sync support to me means they already know Intel discrete GPUs will use it, so they know G-Sync future is doomed.

I saw a Nvidia fanboy bitching that Gsync monitors launches are starting to slow down.

The Xbox One console already support Freesync. You bet the PS5 will too.
    I predicted that long before Intel announced their intentions to reenter this market. I mean, VESA vs proprietary standard? The proprietary standard would have to do pretty amazing things to win. And G-Sync does have some things going for it. But apparently not enough. And there was just looking at the monitor market and how seemingly for each G-Sync monitor, 10 FreeSync monitors were upon us. And third, apprently Nvidia has already been using FreeSync in laptop parts.
    TO me, the writing has been on the wall for some time.

To save face, for now, Nvidia tested "over 400" monitors and only 12 passed their tests, but aparently you will be allowed to try to enable Freesync in anything.
    Tbh FreeSync does have the problem of variable ranges, which are not covered by the standard and which make the feature rather useless (even if technically it can be activated). Maybe that's what Nvidia is picking on?

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyChow View Post

I wouldn't be hard on the nouveau devs. The have to reverse engineer everything. As in everything everything. They haven't gotten power management under control. Because nVidia doesn't even want to give them that info.
    I'm not at all trying to bash Nouveau devs for not doing it. Those folks are awesome. I'm simply pointing out to those who thought it was impossible on Nvidia hardware that they were wrong, and there was plenty of them.

Leave a comment:

• AndyChow
    replied
    Originally posted by Brisse View Post
    Take that everyone who said it couldn't be done on Nvidia hardware every time I posted about how cool it would be if Nouveau could implement Adaptive Sync.
    I wouldn't be hard on the nouveau devs. The have to reverse engineer everything. As in everything everything. They haven't gotten power management under control. Because nVidia doesn't even want to give them that info.

Leave a comment:

• altarius
    replied
    Take that everyone who said it couldn't be done on Nvidia hardware every time I posted about how cool it would be if Nouveau could implement Adaptive Sync.
    well... the only news is, that adaptive sync is now also available for desktop. they shipped adaptive sync already for years on mobile devices through the eDP

Leave a comment:

• ldesnogu
    replied
    According to Anandtech this is limited to 10xx and 20xx cards.

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by Snaipersky View Post

The RTX series appears to be bumping the performance category up for each number, so the 2060 is more in line with a -70 grade card in terms of performance and price. Perhaps we'll see a 2040 to supercede the 1050.
    I was looking at the benchmarks, it actually perform better than GTX 1070 and Vega 56/64 in most games, but cost less with less power. I looks like the first card of the RTX line to be a honest good buy.

Leave a comment:

• Snaipersky
    replied
    Originally posted by Spooktra View Post
    $350 for a RTX 2060? I guess there goes my hope for an RTX 2050 in the $150 range.
    The RTX series appears to be bumping the performance category up for each number, so the 2060 is more in line with a -70 grade card in terms of performance and price. Perhaps we'll see a 2040 to supercede the 1050.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X