Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial Linux Benchmarks Of The NVIDIA TITAN RTX Graphics Card For Compute & Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JanW
    replied
    Ok, found it. In Firefox, right-click on any of the benchmark graphs > This Frame > Show Only This Frame. Look at the URL. The ID is in there, after the "i=".

Alternatively, right-click on the frame > Inspect Element. The URL is there in the <object> tag, for example:
    Code:
    <object data="//openbenchmarking.org/embed.php?i=1812224-SP-GPUCOMPUT75&amp;sha=e09c2b9&amp;p=2" type="image/svg+xml"></object>

Leave a comment:

• JanW
    replied
    Thanks for the fast reply! This allowed me to run the benchmarks. For the future: Where do I find the OpenBenchmarking.org ID in the figures? I looked for it, but I am probably not looking in the right place (or else I'm blind...).

FWIW, to compile the shoc benchmark, I had to search around a little. Turns out, I have gcc-7 and gcc-8 installed. nvcc only likes gcc-7. So I had to run "export CC=gcc-7 CXX=g++-7 NVCCFLAGS="-ccbin g++-7"; phoronix-test-suite benchmark 1812224-SP-GPUCOMPUT75"

Is there an environment variable to tell luxmark to only use one GPU? It defaults to using all GPUs in my system, and so the results are not really comparable.

Thanks again and merry Christmas, happy Holidays, seasons greetings to everyone (pick the one you like)!

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by JanW View Post
    Is there a nifty phoronix-test-suite one-liner I can use to run all of these tests on my machine and compare results? On some articles, you mention the command, and on others you don't. For the cases when no command is provided, I'm wondering if that means that the test suite is not publicly available, or if there is an easy way for readers to figure the command out themselves.
    It's always available by looking at the OpenBenchmarking.org ID from the graphs embedded in the article. In this case phoronix-test-suite benchmark 1812224-SP-GPUCOMPUT75. The tests are available but do note for the NGC TensorFlow test profile you do need to have a NVIDIA GPU Cloud account where you are signed in with Docker in order to be able to download the images.

Leave a comment:

• JanW
    replied
    Is there a nifty phoronix-test-suite one-liner I can use to run all of these tests on my machine and compare results? On some articles, you mention the command, and on others you don't. For the cases when no command is provided, I'm wondering if that means that the test suite is not publicly available, or if there is an easy way for readers to figure the command out themselves.

Leave a comment:

• pcxmac
    replied
    Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
    Three fps differential seems about right considering it's the same hardware. They are marketing this as a automobile priced gaming gpu as well. So that's kinda the FU icing on the cake from Jenson. I hope his stock craters another 50%.
    probably will

Leave a comment:

• arabek
    replied
    Great card, Noone is going to be able to afford it.

Leave a comment:

• reavertm
    replied
    Originally posted by llukas View Post

This kind of crap is reason I'll never spend money on phoronix subscription.
    Thank you for your invaluable contribution to this discussion. And I thought people subscribe to Phoronix for articles and benchmarks, not forums. How little I knew.

Leave a comment:

• llukas
    replied
    Originally posted by reavertm View Post
    Porsche are reliable. Ferrari or any other unreliable, defective (see gamers nexus) overpriced garbage comparison is more appropriate, birdie. Prime money grab from NVidia for those 24GiB of GDDR6. Unless you think of it as Quadro replacement (for its vram capacity which might be useful in certain workloads). This card makes zero sense for consumers though it doesn't stop NVidia from sampling it to youtube PC gaming influencers hoping to find idiots who will buy it for gaming. And idiots it will find.
    This kind of crap is reason I'll never spend money on phoronix subscription.

Leave a comment:

• reavertm
    replied
    Porsche are reliable. Ferrari or any other unreliable, defective (see gamers nexus) overpriced garbage comparison is more appropriate, birdie. Prime money grab from NVidia for those 24GiB of GDDR6. Unless you think of it as Quadro replacement (for its vram capacity which might be useful in certain workloads). This card makes zero sense for consumers though it doesn't stop NVidia from sampling it to youtube PC gaming influencers hoping to find idiots who will buy it for gaming. And idiots it will find.
    Last edited by reavertm; 23 December 2018, 01:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by reavertm View Post
    Wow, worse value proposition (compared to its gaming counterpart RTX2080Ti) than even Vega FE (to Vega64). NVidia did improve their game!
    No Porsche 911 for you but you may whine as much as you want. Also, NVIDIA is not a charity.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X