Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial Linux Benchmarks Of The NVIDIA TITAN RTX Graphics Card For Compute & Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PeeJay
    replied
    My 1080ti suddenly feels very inferior!

Leave a comment:

• reavertm
    replied
    Wow, worse value proposition (compared to its gaming counterpart RTX2080Ti) than even Vega FE (to Vega64). NVidia did improve their game!

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    It's actually better than I was expecting.
    Also pretty interesting how, on average, it seems to be twice as fast as a slightly overclocked Vega 56 (albeit, also ~7x more expensive, depending where you shop).

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    which is a few Watts lwer than the Rx Vega 64.

Leave a comment:

• ThoreauHD
    replied
    Three fps differential seems about right considering it's the same hardware. They are marketing this as a automobile priced gaming gpu as well. So that's kinda the FU icing on the cake from Jenson. I hope his stock craters another 50%.

Leave a comment:

• boxie
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

Still waiting on finding out if I get to keep it for benchmarking or what... But at least for now hammering it with benchmarks. Contacted NV yesterday to confirm but nothing yet I guess due to Christmas, so will keep it warm with benchmarks all weekend. AFAIK, it was supposed to be an RTX 2070 replacement for the retail 2070 card I had that seems to be faulty now that was swapping with NVIDIA Linux team for investigation.
    To quote pirates of the Caribbean - Take what you can and give nothing back

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by boxie View Post
    Oh wow - I bet it was an exciting moment when you realised you had a shiny new Titan Michael
    Still waiting on finding out if I get to keep it for benchmarking or what... But at least for now hammering it with benchmarks. Contacted NV yesterday to confirm but nothing yet I guess due to Christmas, so will keep it warm with benchmarks all weekend. AFAIK, it was supposed to be an RTX 2070 replacement for the retail 2070 card I had that seems to be faulty now that was swapping with NVIDIA Linux team for investigation.

Leave a comment:

• boxie
    replied
    Oh wow - I bet it was an exciting moment when you realised you had a shiny new Titan Michael

Leave a comment:

• Initial Linux Benchmarks Of The NVIDIA TITAN RTX Graphics Card For Compute & Gaming

Phoronix: Initial Linux Benchmarks Of The NVIDIA TITAN RTX Graphics Card For Compute & Gaming

Yesterday I unexpectedly found my hands on a NVIDIA TITAN RTX graphics card as the company's newest Titan graphics card built upon the Turing architecture and is now available via retail channels at $2499 USD. Here is an initial look at the NVIDIA TITAN RTX performance under Ubuntu Linux with a variety of compute workloads (including TensorFlow) as well as for entertainment are some Vulkan gaming benchmarks.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=27300
Working...
X