Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Files Trademark For Vega II

Phoronix: AMD Files Trademark For Vega II

It looks like AMD could be announcing Vega II as new 7nm Vega GPUs soon complementing the recently announced Vega 20 Radeon Instinct MI50 / MI60 accelerators...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ga-2-Trademark

michael_jackson_eating_popcorn.gif

Also good because price for Vega 56 should drop, so i'll be able to afford it

Comment

So how does it compare with Navi?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        So how does it compare with Navi?
        You'd have to ask AMD seeing as they are different architectures.

Comment

My understanding was Navi was from consoles up and Vega was at the top of the stack to tackle the high end.

Comment

Currently using a Vega 56 which I've been quite happy with. Would consider another Vega based card if it was a significant enough upgrade and addressed Vega's shortcomings.

If they can bring the power draw down while boosting the clockspeeds it will make for a good upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post
              Currently using a Vega 56 which I've been quite happy with. Would consider another Vega based card if it was a significant enough upgrade and addressed Vega's shortcomings.

If they can bring the power draw down while boosting the clockspeeds it will make for a good upgrade.
              A process shrink down to 7nm should be able to do that quite easily.

Comment

Working...
              X