X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I don't have to upgrade my graphics card

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      Asus is still testing RX590 while these B class manufacturers are releasing. Asus RX 580 might be better buy for the money. https://www.pcworld.com/article/3321...oy-review.html
      I already have a 580-class card though, and the premium for the RX590 is actually only 20USD over a 580.

Comment

I cannot agree to the statement in the article that there is a "mature Polaris Linux driver".
        Bug https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=102322 I reported in summer 2017 still requires an awkward work-around (namely disabling automatic power management) to prevent crashes after minutes, and still prevents the system from reaching up-times of more than a few days.
        A "mature" driver would not be a limiting factor to system up-time.

Comment

So I swapped out my Nvidia card for an MSI RX 570, and this damn thing does a hard reset after playing a few minutes of XCom2 leaving no traces in any log (like hitting the reset button).
          Temperatures are far from dangerous, PSU is a Seasonic one.

Other games/stress tests seem to be unaffected.

Is there any hope of getting this fixed (given the poor excuses in the thread I guess not), or should I just plug in the old Nvidia and send AMD to the graveyard?

Comment

Another case for my theory of no sample means no working drivers at release of the hardware

Comment

I just received an xfx 590, and it also fails to boot, appearing to be the same issue. Fedora 29, kernel 4.18.18.

Comment

Anyone filed a bug?

Comment

Working...
                X