Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Radeon RX 590 Launches, Linux Support Presumably Okay

Phoronix: AMD Radeon RX 590 Launches, Linux Support Presumably Okay

While it comes as no surprise given all the leaks in recent weeks, today AMD officially announced the Radeon RX 590 graphics card as another update to Polaris...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How would this compare to a Nvidia 970?

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post
      How would this compare to a Nvidia 970?
      Will have the 970 in the upcoming Linux comparison....
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Combine with testing the new AMDVLK release?

Comment

The AMD cards come with 3 free games. If you don't plan to play any of them, you should have a giveaway for them.

Comment

Originally posted by audi.rs4 View Post
            The AMD cards come with 3 free games. If you don't plan to play any of them, you should have a giveaway for them.
            I haven't regularly played any games in a decade+, only benchmark them.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Well the must surprising that Michael when tested all this hardware doesn't have any hang up with the kernel using amdgpu, and doing serveral benchmark. So far I just testing any benchmark make my system to gpu reset freezing all the machine.

Comment

This card, for $280, is DOA. A RX 580 is $200 right now and this is barely 10% better. In some games is only 3% better.

AMD better sell it for a discount fast if they didn't it to flop at launch.

Comment

The supposed 12nm process is actually 14nm. This is a rename of a rename: even the production process is a rename!
                  When the chip will be measure you'll see it's the exact same size of the predecessors.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                    This card, for $280, is DOA. A RX 580 is $200 right now and this is barely 10% better. In some games is only 3% better.

AMD better sell it for a discount fast if they didn't it to flop at launch.
                    I was considering the RX 590, until the rumors of its price. I was hoping it would come in at $230, lower the price for the RX 580. This then made me on the hunt for a RX 580 which I was able to pick up a used one for $130. No regrets there.

Comment

Working...
                    X