Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cuoco
    replied
    Michael check new drivers windows 18.10.1 in file Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\U0334550.inf AMD6FDF.1 there is a line that matches the id AMD6FDF.1 = "AMD Radeon RX 580 2048SP", unfortunately it looks like a downgrade of RX 580.
    Sorry for my bad english.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Pfft, even a R7 260X is still enough for FHD. It's what my kid brother uses on his Windows box. Provided you aren't one of those people that NEED +60fps and all sliders maxed out to enjoy a game, you can still make do with small cards like that.

Leave a comment:

• arakan94
    replied
    Originally posted by itoffshore View Post
    Sapphire R9 270's are cheap & support 4 displays - pretty good for gaming too
    Heh.. That's the graphics I use - with 3 displays. And yeah, it's still enough for gaming @FullHD

Leave a comment:

• itoffshore
    replied
    Sapphire R9 270's are cheap & support 4 displays - pretty good for gaming too

Leave a comment:

• arakan94
    replied
    Originally posted by discordian View Post
    Another 12nm GPU? Hmm, seems like their 7nm Navis are still several months away.

btw.: I considered buying a cheap Graphics card that can drive 3 displays, AMD has nothing below 200€ while I can get a Nvidia one for 50€. AMD, fix your lineup please.
    Uh.. What? AFAIK all Radeons support 6 displays ever since 6xxx series. I checked with RX 550 - cheap AMD card - spec says that 6 monitors are supported. And R5 230 (old 6450 - very cheap) does support 3 displays.. What are you on about?

Leave a comment:

• itoffshore
    replied
    Originally posted by discordian View Post
    Another 12nm GPU? Hmm, seems like their 7nm Navis are still several months away.

btw.: I considered buying a cheap Graphics card that can drive 3 displays, AMD has nothing below 200€ while I can get a Nvidia one for 50€. AMD, fix your lineup please.
    I recently bought a used 1070 for GPU passthrough & rx 560 4GB for the host - after 1 month I sold the 1070 & now just dual boot the rx560. At 1080p I didn't notice much difference between the 2 cards when used with a freesync monitor.

Leave a comment:

• juno
    replied
    "We"? You haven't even been in this discussion, as long as you don't have multiple accounts in this forum.

Bullshit.
    Last edited by juno; 09 October 2018, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by juno View Post
    Also we've been discussing markets, not AMD.
    we were discussing what market is more important to amd. "I suggest you start actually reading the context of the conversation"
    Originally posted by juno View Post
    There is absolutely no discrepancy in the essence of your post compared to mine.
    apart from the fact that you've called "$200 amd card(subj) cannot compete with nvidia" a fact

Leave a comment:

• juno
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    why do that while discussing amd?
    Because AMD doesn't publish financial numbers like that. They group all CPUs, GPUs and APUs for revenue.

Also we've been discussing markets, not AMD. I suggest you start actually reading the context of the conversation and stop spamming the thread with five out of context one-liner posts in a row.

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    It is relevant for AMD.
    It's irrelevant while discussing GPUs. Stop trolling.

this is not a fact, but fallacy. amd doesn't "compete with volta". each card competes with cards of similar price. if you are bying $200 card, speed of nvidia $1000 card has exactly zero relevance. unless you are nvidiot
    There is absolutely no discrepancy in the essence of your post compared to mine. I mean apart from the fact that I don't call people idiots that agree with me.
    Last edited by juno; 09 October 2018, 11:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• artivision
    replied
    why do that while discussing amd?
    That is the essence of bad management that Amd still follows. I have done management before and i'm telling you: what if Nvidia doesn't overcharge an Rtx2060, what then? Everyone knows Amd's mistake, you don't wait to see that's a rule.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X