AMD Rumored To Be Soon Launching A 12nm Polaris Refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by discordian View Post
    Another 12nm GPU? Hmm, seems like their 7nm Navis are still several months away.

btw.: I considered buying a cheap Graphics card that can drive 3 displays, AMD has nothing below 200€ while I can get a Nvidia one for 50€. AMD, fix your lineup please.
    Hmm...I didn't get that memo... A RX560 costs about 175€ here in sweden and it drives 3 monitors pretty nicely with mesa...

Comment

10% more performance is absolutely great for me personally
      the 580 successor with 10% more would then almost always be faster than a 1070 which costs over 100€ more
      nvidia has nothing at all in the price performance class
      the 580 8gb is absolutely great in 1080 and also almost always at 1440
      my motto is and remains not a single cent for nvidia and its market-decomposing methods
      as well as anti opensource basic attitude

Comment

Meh... Gonna wait for Navi..

Comment

I am actually surprised they don't have a Vega with GDDR5 ram

Comment

Another 12nm GPU? Hmm, seems like their 7nm Navis are still several months away.

btw.: I considered buying a cheap Graphics card that can drive 3 displays, AMD has nothing below 200€ while I can get a Nvidia one for 50€. AMD, fix your lineup please.
            Uh? Unless you want to drive something at 3x4K with graphically intensive tasks, there is a plethora of AMD graphics card you can use.
            I just had a look at their lineup on a random reseller: R5 230 for €40-46, HD 6450 for €37-50... Any of these would do just fine, as a matter of fact one of my computer uses one of these (I think... unless it's something in the 5xxx series)

Comment

Not very many of us who are actually excited to see something new... If you're a 1080p Linux gamer, the 680 should make a really good card. Another benefit is the 5XX lines should go down in price so people on a budget can upgrade. It might be a refresh, but so what? 10% more performance with less energy used isn't something to complain about.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to hear about the $250 2080 killer AMD has up their sleeve...and I'm sure AMD would like to tell us about it...but with all their console work and if the XB2/PS5 share the same architecture of what ever is coming next, it's not that much of a pipe dream.

Comment

The latest rumors in the Radeon space is that AMD is in the final stages of preparing to release its third iteration of Polaris GPUs... We could be seeing a Radeon RX 670 and RX 680 very soon.
                Very nice!

bridgman - which Linux version does/will support these cards? which Mesa version does/will support these cards?

Comment

Geforce 710 isn't particularly good. The third display must use analog link. Try running a Linux desktop with three 1440p or bigger displays. It's unusably slow in 3D. Besides, they still sell Radeon cards with similar specs. For example MSI Radeon R7 240 is about as expensive as GF 710.

Comment

Sorry, what? All Polaris GPUs (Polaris 10, 11 and 12) have the DCE11.2 supporting up to 6 displays. Starting at 89€. I suggest start clarifying your special requirements or stop spreading FUD.

Also, you can't buy a Nvidia graphics card that is not ancient for 50€. Sure, there are ancient ones (or you buy used ones), but those are not Nvidia exclusive either.

BTT: It's funny how AMD threw their new naming scheme away right after they introduced it. RX 5xx should've been RX 4x5. Now we'll have RX 6xx with the same designs. Again.
                    Last edited by juno; 08 October 2018, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post

Sorry, what? All Polaris GPUs (Polaris 10, 11 and 12) have the DCE11.2 supporting up to 6 displays. Starting at 89€. I suggest start clarifying your special requirements or stop spreading FUD.
                      Simple, a search on that otherwise rather reliable site doesn't show anything below RX 570: https://geizhals.at/?cat=gra16_512&xf=3082_3 (filtered for >=3 digital outputs).
                      Are you sure the lower end cards can drive 3 digital outputs without some daisy-chain tricks or similar?

I would prefer AMD, as I dont want to run anything graphically intense.
                      Originally posted by juno View Post
                      Also, you can't buy a Nvidia graphics card that is not ancient for 50€. Sure, there are ancient ones (or you buy used ones), but those are not Nvidia exclusive either.

Comment

Working...
                      X