Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial Tests: Windows 10 vs. Ubuntu With NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 / GTX 1080 Ti / RTX 2080 Ti

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aiua
    replied
    Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
    I always think it's a little unfair when Windows 10 is compared to some bleeding edge version of GNU/Linux using the very latest Kernel + Mesa/drivers. It's useful to see those benchmarks of course, but it doesn't tell us much about the typical GNU/Linux gaming experience that people will have.
    I'd think a lot of linux gamers, at least those interested in benchmarks, would be on recent kernel & drivers.
    I mean, I'm pretty sure Michael uses up-to-date drivers for Windows.

Leave a comment:

• cybertraveler
    replied
    Really nice set of benchmarks.

I particularly appreciate that you used a completely stock Ubuntu 18.04 system. This will be very representative of what the typical new GNU/Linux user will be using.

I always think it's a little unfair when Windows 10 is compared to some bleeding edge version of GNU/Linux using the very latest Kernel + Mesa/drivers. It's useful to see those benchmarks of course, but it doesn't tell us much about the typical GNU/Linux gaming experience that people will have.

Leave a comment:

• bosjc
    replied
    Would be nice to see some of the newer games, like Total War.

Leave a comment:

• rabcor
    replied
    Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
    I really fail to see the point of including Heaven in these tests. It's 9 years old and we've already established last time that it's unable to measure performance with these latest cards... at all.
    What are you suggesting then, valley?

Also, why ubuntu? why not something faster? Manjaro is real popular these days...

Leave a comment:

• anarki2
    replied
    I really fail to see the point of including Heaven in these tests. It's 9 years old and we've already established last time that it's unable to measure performance with these latest cards... at all.

Leave a comment:

• AsuMagic
    replied
    Thanks for also adding D3D11 results in unigine

Leave a comment:

Working...
X