NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 To RTX 2080 Ti Graphics/Compute Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 To RTX 2080 Ti Graphics/Compute Performance

Phoronix: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 To RTX 2080 Ti Graphics/Compute Performance

Yesterday were the initial NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Linux benchmarks based upon my early testing of this high-end Turing graphics card paired with their new 410 Linux graphics driver. For your viewing pleasure today is a look at how the RTX 2080 Ti compares to the top-end cards going back to Kepler... Or, simply put, it's the GeForce GTX 680 vs. GTX 780 Ti vs. 980 Ti vs. 1080 Ti vs. 2080 Ti comparison with OpenGL and Vulkan graphics tests as well as some initial OpenCL / CUDA tests but more Turing GPU compute tests are currently being conducted. For making this historical comparison more interesting are also power consumption and performance-per-Watt metrics.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    In this case the game was 25% faster with the RTX 2080 Ti over the GTX 2080 Ti.
    Phoronix has unveiled a new Turing card without the ray-tracing cores!
    Last edited by tildearrow; 20 September 2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

This feature was exactly what I was looking for. I have a GTX 950 and I'm wondering about upgrading. Looks like I'd get a big jump even going to the 10 series. Now what I don't know is whether upgrading is as simple as taking the old card out and putting a new one in or whether I'd have all sorts of driver issues (which I don't relish the thought of)

Comment

Thank God you didn't include AMD cards or this could have turned into something useful.

Comment

The 9000 Luxmark score of this card is pretty good. A big improvement over the previous 1080Ti, but not close that that of the Titan V (which has a score of 11000).

Now we have to wait for the blender to support these cards so we can run rendering tests.

On a side note, I wonder if it would be possible to add FreeCAD as a possible benchmark for future GPU testing. Maybe have four tests; opening a large model, model spin fps, FEM calculation time, POVRay render. I wonder this can all be done via CLI.

Comment

Anyone looking for a kidney?

Comment

Coming from a GTX 1070 owner, buy AMD.

Comment

It's clearly time to retire Unigine Valley. It's been 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by OMTDesign View Post
                  The 9000 Luxmark score of this card is pretty good. A big improvement over the previous 1080Ti, but not close that that of the Titan V (which has a score of 11000).

Now we have to wait for the blender to support these cards so we can run rendering tests.

On a side note, I wonder if it would be possible to add FreeCAD as a possible benchmark for future GPU testing. Maybe have four tests; opening a large model, model spin fps, FEM calculation time, POVRay render. I wonder this can all be done via CLI.
                  Not familiar with FreeCAD... Can the benchmark be fully scripted? If you can point me to such a script, I can get it included.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                    Thank God you didn't include AMD cards or this could have turned into something useful.
                    They've already been compared. This is about comparing NV generations.

Comment

Working...
                    X