No announcement yet.

AMD Releases Radeon Pro V340 With Dual Vega GPUs & 32GB HBM2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know what happened to GPU pooling on vulkan? That was kind of a big deal for the sli/crossfire people, and I haven't heard squirt about it since dev was announced.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
      Does anyone know what happened to GPU pooling on vulkan? That was kind of a big deal for the sli/crossfire people, and I haven't heard squirt about it since dev was announced.
      Someone realized most people buy 1 GPU anyway, also the prices just to get one being as they are, it must have fallen pretty down in the priority list. Also it was AMD the big proponent for it showcasing the dual Polaris and probably hoping to push APUs bundled with a dedi GPU or whatever
      Last edited by untore; 08-27-2018, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        When will AMD enable SR-IOV for regular cards?
        While it would be awesome to enable 2 SR-IOV nodes on graphics cards, it is kind of a differentiation between gaming and -pro markets.

While us Linux users would be really happy, we make a small portion of the market and probably not worth it in tradeoff from the -pro market choosing consumer hardware instead.

but hey, I would be really happy if bridgman was to tell me that I am wrong

Comment

It would be nice to have proper graphics accelerated Linux guest on Linux host without using virgl. At least that's what I'd use SR-IOV for

Comment

Do I understand correctly that the OS will "see" this GPU as 1 GPU thanks to the hardware virtualization and Crossfire support won't be needed?

Comment

Originally posted by msotirov View Post
              Do I understand correctly that the OS will "see" this GPU as 1 GPU thanks to the hardware virtualization and Crossfire support won't be needed?
              No, I don't think so. The host should see two GPUs and each of the up to 32 VMs one, which will actually be a virtualised portion of one physical GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post
                No, I don't think so. The host should see two GPUs and each of the up to 32 VMs one, which will actually be a virtualised portion of one physical GPU.
                Right... this is intended for "bunch of users on one GPU plus a bunch of different users on the other GPU" scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  Right... this is intended for "bunch of users on one GPU plus a bunch of different users on the other GPU" scenarios.
                  Is there any info on when/whether MxGPU will be available for consumers?
                  I mean there could still be limitations, right? E.g. something like 1 instead of 16 guests.

Because I see a use case for consumers here. But right now it just doesn't make sense to buy a Radeon Pro for that because it's cheaper just using two separate GPUs - out of which one or both could be Intel or Nvidia.

Comment

I wish AMD would let Consumer cards do 2 users so linux / windows is a thing. Its such a horded feature

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
                      That's totally possible on Windows and you don't even need to have the same brands of graphics cards, any two cards will work just fine.

One rather large problem with it is that the game you're playing needs to be written with multi-GPU support and this isn't happening. And it won't unless one or more common game-engines starts supporting it.

Comment

Working...
                      X