Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 vs. Ubuntu Linux With OpenGL/Vulkan On GTX 1060/1080 Ti & RX 580/Vega 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
    So we've basically reached the point where Linux performance is beginning to leave both Windows and Mac in the dust.
    No, If the tests where done on native windows DX the results would be very depressing

Comment

I would love to read 2019 Vulkan games benchmarks OSX vs MS WOS 10 vs Ubuntu vs Chrome OS's Crostini and good luck finding a hardware system compatible with all of then - perhaps using hackintosh in a good Chromebox

Comment

Originally posted by bosjc View Post
        I suppose the another question is Linux Vulkan vs DX9/DX11 in DOTA2 (and other games).
        In Dota 2, DX11 is without competition as it's the only renderer that doesn't show disgusting shader compile stutter.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
          So we've basically reached the point where Linux performance is beginning to leave both Windows and Mac in the dust.
          No , by saying that you would only ignore the fact DX11 is not in these tests.

Skewed tests i must say.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
            No , by saying that you would only ignore the fact DX11 is not in these tests.

Skewed tests i must say.
            Actually no these benchmarks are amazing. Remember there's still people who think the Linux drivers are far below that of Windows and even with perfect ports or no overhead in Wine we'll still have like half the frame rate... So they prove that no, the drivers don't suck just because they're on Linux.

And well... you guys who fanboy over DX11, are you saying it's better than Vulkan on Windows or what?

I can't wait for the Wine gaming benchmarks. Not that I expect them to be better than Windows or for other stupid reasons, but I'm genuinely curious what you can expect out of Wine's overhead these days on many different titles. So I'll only be really interested in the ratio (i.e. overhead).
            Last edited by Weasel; 28 June 2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
              seeing linux lead like this puts a slime on my face
              Ewww...
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Ewww...
                LOL, good catch i did write SLIME instead of SMILE

Comment

It looked like auto-correct giving you some unwanted help
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Jahimself View Post
                    and the recent port from feral (Rise of Tomb Raider and Total War Throne of Britania) is already matching the performance of windows 10.
                    FWIW, I've seen that Rise of Tomb Raider performs around 100% faster on Windows (vs Ubuntu).

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                      FWIW, I've seen that Rise of Tomb Raider performs around 100% faster on Windows (vs Ubuntu).
                      Wait , what?

If you are saying on Windows you can get 100 fps while on Linux you can get 90 fps. That is normal.

But if you are saying , game runs 200 fps on Windows while Linux has 100 fps , that is some serious bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                      X