Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which cards are used in the benchmarks, and which card to pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which cards are used in the benchmarks, and which card to pick?

Hi everyone. I follow all the phoronix benchmarks and am very happy to see that AMD cards using open source drivers are now working well. So I decided to buy an RX 580. But then, I discovered that there are a *lot* of different cards with an RX 580. And prices are really different. Some are overclocked, some are better refreshed... So I wanted to know, which cards are used by Michael when doing his tests? And which one should I buy? Why is there 40€ between the Gigabyte Radeon RX580 AORUS and Asus Radeon RX 580 Dual Series OC? And what about the Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse OC? I'm kind of lost between all these (almost the same) cards.
    Last edited by Flaburgan; 28 May 2018, 11:16 AM.

Originally posted by Flaburgan View Post
    Hi everyone. I follow all the phoronix benchmarks and am very happy to see that AMD cards using open source drivers are now working well. So I decided to buy an RX 580. But then, I discovered that there are a *lot* of different cards with an RX 580. And price are really different. Some are overclocked, some are better refreshed... So I wanted to know, which cards are used by Michael when doing his tests? And which one should I buy? Why is there 40€ between the Gigabyte Radeon RX580 AORUS and Asus Radeon RX 580 Dual Series OC? And what about the Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse OC? I'm kind of lost between all these (almost the same) cards.
    That's generally part of the reason why I include pictures in the beginning of the article of the cards being tested, so you can visually see what brand/model card is being tested. Or otherwise just search Phoronix for like Radeon RX 580 for my initial review and then you can generally see what AIB card I am using as I don't often have multiples of the same card.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
    X