Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon GPUs Are Increasingly Competing With NVIDIA GPUs On Latest RadeonSI/RADV Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polarathene
    replied
    Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    There is really no reason for any self respecting open-source enthusiast to run NVidia hardware any more.
    Well apart from those that still only have CUDA as an option for some proprietary software where open-source alternatives aren't competitive yet. That said I'd be happy to get an AMD card in future with the nvidia just used for compute work, hopefully ROCm adoption grows with the proprietary support(more likely than time it takes for open-source alternatives getting on par).

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
    Soo, a new AMD GPU
    rx580 is not new, moron

Leave a comment:

• andre30correia
    replied
    how hybrid graphics are working this days?

Leave a comment:

• Nille_kungen
    replied
    In "F1 2017Resolution: 2560 x 1440 - Graphics Preset: Medium" test both Vega 64 and GTX 1070ti got 139.
    I wonder what makes the one being shown as higher in the graph?
    I wonder since i saw the Vega 64 was drawn as the lower of the two despite it having +1 min and +5 max over the GTX 1070ti.
    This question is only to ease my mind.

Leave a comment:

• GI_Jack
    replied
    Here is the sad irony.

The year where a foss graphic stack becomes perfectly acceptable and the miminmal performance loss is easily worth it for someone who isn't a serious gamer and not buy top tier expensive cards anyway.

that said, this is entirely irrelevant as the cryptocurrency miners have left none of them available.

Leave a comment:

• linuxgeex
    replied
    Originally posted by artivision View Post
    1. I suggest that Michael should also test undervolted @1.07v / overclocked scenarios for Polaris and Vega.

2. I want to ask where to buy cheap AMD GPUs?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?
    mikescomputershop dot com/catalog/151/

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by Nexusband View Post
    The Vega is absolute crap in terms of gaming, because first, it took AMD so long to get them out on the market and second, they have been totally "miss-optimized". In terms of raw performance the 64 is miles ahead of the 1080 Ti. But they suck more power, because of that miss optimisation.
    Of course i know there is much difference between GeForce 2 MX vs Ti You could say that "Vega is absolute crap in terms of gaming" 15 years ago and now... again, that have nothing to do with Raja

Radeon 9700 is extraordinary, but it suck power of course same like Vega
    Last edited by dungeon; 19 March 2018, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DanglingPointer
    replied
    Would have been nice to see a R9-290 in the mix!

Leave a comment:

• artivision
    replied
    1. I suggest that Michael should also test undervolted @1.07v / overclocked scenarios for Polaris and Vega.

2. I want to ask where to buy cheap AMD GPUs?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Leave a comment:

• Nexusband
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    Most interseting always to me is that 1080 Ti is so much better than plain 1080, unlike 1070 Ti to plain 1070. So, that Ti-tech seems not so much a thing, if not at the top of the line

Michael did you ever test that - Ti to non-Ti diff, I mean on 1050, 1070 and 1080... you have all these models isn't it?

I think these Ti-tricks are nowdays most obvious, bigger the GPU became TI-tricks seems works more and more better

This is not today or because of Raja, workstation or something, that Ti-tech specials where correctness is not requirement (such as gaming) exist since GeForce 2 AFAIR

It is kind of saying how normal nVidia cards are "absolute crap in terms of Gaming", just because Ti versions exists... i know some like to call normal nVidia non-Ti as SE to even better describe these normal but crippled editions
    The 1070ti isn't faster, because NV didn't want to hurt their sales for the 1080. And they are not crippled - the Ti chips are different and not just clocked higher.

The Vega is absolute crap in terms of gaming, because first, it took AMD so long to get them out on the market and second, they have been totally "miss-optimized". In terms of raw performance the 64 is miles ahead of the 1080 Ti. But they suck more power, because of that miss optimisation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X