Clear All

• andrei_me
    replied
    How much can it improve in the next 6 months? 10~30%? marek agd5f Michael

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Lanz View Post
    Michael, would it be possible for you to benchmark Raven Ridge in a laptop/ultrabook such as the Acer Swift 3 SF315-41 series? It'd be interesting to see how mobile stacks up against desktop and if there are any issues.
    Unlikely.... No review samples and no extra funds for such hardware purchases... Do plan on getting a new main laptop this year for myself, but still split between Raven and Kabylake R though currently leaning towards Intel now.

Leave a comment:

• Lanz
    replied
    Michael, would it be possible for you to benchmark Raven Ridge in a laptop/ultrabook such as the Acer Swift 3 SF315-41 series? It'd be interesting to see how mobile stacks up against desktop and if there are any issues.

Leave a comment:

• Wielkie G
    replied
    RX 550 has similar GPU configuration to 2200G, but has more than twice as much memory bandwidth (assuming the RR APU was run at 2933/3200MHz). 2400G has ~40% more compute yet.

As usual, the APUs are really starved for the memory bandwidth, and it shows.

Leave a comment:

• GruenSein
    replied
    Interesting tests even though this might not actually reflect a buyers options who is considering a 2400G-based system since for example the GTX 1050 alone costs as much as the AMD APU and I doubt people will buy outdated 9-Series GPUs now.
    The tests do showcase one thing however: The new APU basically provides the same graphics performance as a GTX750 that was considered midrange not too long ago.
    Last edited by GruenSein; 16 February 2018, 11:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
    Is the Radeon RX 580 a low-end gpu?
    It's an imaginary GPU. Has anyone ever seen one? I don't think so. Even Michael is just pretending.

Leave a comment:

• oleyska
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

FTA: ". I also tossed in the Radeon RX 580 as a more gamer-oriented and capable graphics card for most of today's Linux games...also the GTX 1060 for comparing to the RX 580 on this lower-end system and for seeing if the Raven APUs are the bottleneck with any of the RX 580 / GTX 1060 testing for Linux gamers."
    GTX1060\RX580 is a good yardstick
    They compare exactly to GTX970, 290X, 390X and you can measure from there.

It's hilarious how close the 5 gpu's are in terms of performance, often within 5% of eachother.

Leave a comment:

• enihcam
    replied
    Good test. It would be better if you could benchmark performance *per watt*.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
    FTA: ". I also tossed in the Radeon RX 580 as a more gamer-oriented and capable graphics card for most of today's Linux games...also the GTX 1060 for comparing to the RX 580 on this lower-end system and for seeing if the Raven APUs are the bottleneck with any of the RX 580 / GTX 1060 testing for Linux gamers."

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X