Ryzen 5 2400G Radeon Vega Linux OpenGL/Vulkan Gaming Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
    Looking pretty good now i only wish some would post linux results on the mobile RR parts.
    Unfortunately I have yet to find a Raven Ridge laptop that's available that would interest me as my next production system... so I might end up settling for Kabylake R, but will see in weeks ahead if any good RR laptop becomes available.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

With all the problems getting it to run, it's no wonder AMD didn't send any samples... they simply aren't ready for Linux... you need bleeding-edge or even go-get-yourself-stuff-that-aren't-even-in-the-bleedingedgedistro-you-might-be-running...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Fixed, thanks.
        graphis muuch

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Unfortunately I have yet to find a Raven Ridge laptop that's available that would interest me as my next production system... so I might end up settling for Kabylake R, but will see in weeks ahead if any good RR laptop becomes available.
          I feel your pain. I recently had to purchase a Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16 and nvidia/intel graphics is pretty much the only option. At $3,000 I would have certainly spent whatever it took to get good AMD graphics, but at least I didn't go with a Surface Pro, so it's the lesser of two evils.

So far the MobileStudio has performed pretty excellently on Linux tossing around multiple 100MB graphics files no-problem aside from running hot.

Looking foreward to someday when AMD/MESA/Vega graphics have taken over and are easy to locate and buy.
          Last edited by ElectricPrism; 13 February 2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I'm a bit surprised the Iris Pro still holds up so well. Regardless, these are pretty good results for such a young GPU on Linux.

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
            Also in terms of doing a small form factor Mini ITX or Nano ITX build it looks like a winner too, I will be interested in learning the temperatures -- APU temperature is much easier to manage than dGPU in a small case not to mention the extra space needs for SFX PSU or PicoPSU just to power a dGPU and whatever thermal addition that has.
            Actually depending on the chassis you get, ITX can often yield better temperature management. In a case like mine, the GPU fans get to breathe directly from outside the case with very little obstruction, while the CPU gets it's own wind tunnel from the front of the case and straight out the back. Might not be the most space efficient ITX design, but it is great at controlling temperatures without getting too loud.

Comment

Originally posted by _Alex_ View Post
              With all the problems getting it to run, it's no wonder AMD didn't send any samples... they simply aren't ready for Linux... you need bleeding-edge or even go-get-yourself-stuff-that-aren't-even-in-the-bleedingedgedistro-you-might-be-running...
              Even for Windows it lists only one driver and only for Windows 10 6bit, this:

rv-win10-64bit-whql-radeon-software-17.40.3701-feb12.exe

It is one from older branch, as APUs does not have frequent releases scheme like cards

On Windows they package everything for one-click-install, while on Linux you or your distro packs everything... otherwise AMDGPU-PRO do some packaging for these that don't want to wait or to go under the hood too much

But i agree, it is far-far-far from that one-click-install Windows users have on launch day.

But there is funny fact there, as you can see they have one driver suite packaged and only for Windows 10 Now imagine we have only one Linux and one version of Linux to support, that one and only Linux is also up to date,etc... they will package that right away - but on Linux there is 300 distros and probably 300K different combinations In our world, one bug easely could be seen as 100 bugs, etc...
              Last edited by dungeon; 13 February 2018, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Dissapointing results for Dota 2 on Vulkan. For some reason OpenGL has the best graphics quality and speed for Dota 2 compared to other APIs. For some reason vulkan at low settings also looks a lot worse than opengl at low

Comment

Originally posted by SethDusek View Post
                  Dissapointing results for Dota 2 on Vulkan.
                  On RadV, maybe on AMDVLK it is better or with PRO

Already released PRO might even silently supports this APU, one never know with that one
                  Last edited by dungeon; 13 February 2018, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I'm very interesting in linux stability of the new Ryzen 5 2400G.

I'm just hoping for things like full screen video playback (netflix, vlc, and mplayer), heavy use of tabs (firefox or chrome), tons of terminals, occasional light gaming, and related use cases to not crash, corrupt the text console, leave pixel droppings, or the dreaded failure to map where all new windows are black. My last Radeon was quite the disappointment.
                    Last edited by BillBroadley; 13 February 2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Amd sells Intel Gpus with 1300-1500 cores wile them selves still use 500-700, what a disgrace.

Comment

Working...
                      X