Ryzen 5 2400G Radeon Vega Linux OpenGL/Vulkan Gaming Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alliancemd View Post
    Reviewers say that it comes with a small 512MB VRAM preset in the BIOS.
    Increasing it to 2GB increases the performance.
    Did you run it with the default?
    It should be 1GB VRAM if automatic, could be setted less or up to 2 GB.

Both CPU and GPU can be overclocked, so that is additional playground. On the other side everything could be downclocked also and cTDP could be set as 45W for these who like.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

It should be 1GB VRAM if automatic, could be setted less or up to 2 GB.

Both CPU and GPU can be overclocked, so that is additional playground. On the other side everything could be downclocked also and cTDP could be set as 45W for these who like.
      Just like minibikes we should trick out some 2600G's with watercooling and see what max OC we can pull.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
        Just like minibikes we should trick out some 2600G's with watercooling and see what max OC we can pull.
        Same with a OC memory modules, it scale up fine up to the point CL also could scale Depends on memory, in this case DDR4-3200 is ideal memory set.

Last edited by dungeon; 14 February 2018, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Unfortunately I have yet to find a Raven Ridge laptop that's available that would interest me as my next production system... so I might end up settling for Kabylake R, but will see in weeks ahead if any good RR laptop becomes available.
          Hmm .... what's wrong with the HP Envy x360 ? I got one and it is quite good. Still running windows on it though, I am waiting for stable 4.16. However I booted up the latest beta System Rescue CD and it worked in console ... even the Wifi ...

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
            When the speed of the cpu is 2933MHZ, memory modules should be too.
            What are you talking about

Many Ryzen motherboards works only at 2100Mhz if faster memory modules are installed, see the hardware compability documentation.
            That is JEDEC standard by default, fire that up freely Together with GPU overclock, any must be at least 20% better than default., more than that for braviest and luckiest
            Last edited by dungeon; 14 February 2018, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Using the Vega graphics on the Ryzen 3 2200G or Ryzen 5 2400G will require a fairly updated Linux graphics stack, which won't be found out-of-the-box on most Linux distributions at this time:

... list of cutting edge components ...

With those key components in place, you should be in good shape for Vega graphics support on these Raven chips, assuming you don't run into any corner-case bugs or issues. Unfortunately, on one of my Ubuntu 17.10 installations even with those updated components, the display failed to properly work when trying both Linux 4.15.2 and Linux 4.16-rc1.
              And THIS is why I hate the Linux driver model. Even if you are a huge company and have totally embraced the Linux development workflow, still you cannot support customers on day 1. Moreover, even in the ideal scenario where everything had been aligned perfectly you still cannot support customers running older stacks. I love Linux but IMO drivers should be decoupled from the kernel / mesa versions and release schedule.
              Last edited by zoomblab; 14 February 2018, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Interesting test. Thanks, Michael, for fighting through the driver issues. Golem also added an update that said they got it to run in Linux, even under relatively "normal" conditions, but still bleeding edge code is better.

I guess we will definitely see improvements to stability and performance. Like every new product these days.

Of course some HBM2 model would be interesting, but they already cut the L3 cache down (but improved latencies of L2 and L3 by a good margin on the other hand!) in comparison to RyZen CPUs - likely to make room for the added GPU (and to stay in TDP barriers?). So HBM2 would probably not easily fit here and of course it would raise the price considerably.
                Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

This is a big release for AMD.

they have always been ahead of intel on integrated graphics, but in the past buying an AMD APU meant sacrificing the CPU performance. It was a trade off.

Whereas with Zen cores AMD can now give us an overall superior product to Intel, all things considered.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                    Of course some HBM2 model would be interesting, but they already cut the L3 cache down (but improved latencies of L2 and L3 by a good margin on the other hand!) in comparison to RyZen CPUs - likely to make room for the added GPU (and to stay in TDP barriers?). So HBM2 would probably not easily fit here and of course it would raise the price considerably.
                    If only they had thrown in 32MB ESRAM to work with that 8GB DDR4. ;-p

Comment

Originally posted by Alliancemd View Post
                      Reviewers say that it comes with a small 512MB VRAM preset in the BIOS.
                      Increasing it to 2GB increases the performance.
                      Did you run it with the default?
                      I used 2GB
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X