Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16-Way GPU Comparison With NVIDIA GPUs Going Back To Kepler

Phoronix: 16-Way GPU Comparison With NVIDIA GPUs Going Back To Kepler

Last week I provided a fresh look at the NVIDIA GeForce vs. AMD Radeon Linux gaming performance using the latest drivers at the start of 2018. That testing included the latest NVIDIA and AMD GPUs, but for those curious how these numbers compare for older NVIDIA GPUs, here's a look with the Kepler and Maxwell graphics cards added to the comparison.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Start of 2011? Why are all of the benchmark results images, by the way?

Comment

Thanks Michael.
      580 and Fury really shines. Congrats to AMD developers.Too bad this year they won't launch any new chips. Poor miners...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Start of 2011? Why are all of the benchmark results images, by the way?
        Start of 2011 you mean from the OpenBenchmarking.org ID? The last two digits are 'randomly' generated of the OpenBenchmarking.org ID, with the length coincidentally is STARTOF20 and then 11 happened to be part of the ID.

Are you using Chrome with the new site per-process feature? If so, that's why the SVGs are being served through an image tag... Through the object tag it had used, it broke loading of graphs with the per-site process feature enabled.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

@Michael

Good tests but lack of 1080p tests, most common resolution used in steam

Maybe can add some 1080p tests with i7 8700K, bioshock infinite - shadow of mordor for example

If you can add other tests case outlast - saint row games - witcher 2 and others will be good still requires manual tests

Comment

I want to see Windows benchmark
            Maybe when get out of the Linux 4.15 or Mesa 18?

Comment

I don't seem to find the page with BTC and ETH mining rates. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by michal

another usecase that might be interesting for people. unfortunately phoronix is focusing on useless tests like games and ignores real life use cases like machine/deep learning.
                Not sure if serious...

Comment

Originally posted by GruenSein View Post

Not sure if serious...
                  They're mostly using headless Linux boxes afaik, so given the current gold rush...

Comment

I secured a 1080ti mini at a decent price. WAS VERY VERY LUCKY because they were selling out ultra fast. Can't wait for it to turn up.

In saying that the 7nm Vega cards could be very good GPU's if prices settle (atm the vega64 is close to 1080ti prices....). I paid 1027AUD for the 1080ti MINI card and the VEGA64 was $860 at the time (no doubt gone up now).
                    Last edited by theriddick; 16 January 2018, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X