No announcement yet.

The Current CPU Driver Usage Difference Between RADV/RadeonSI & NVIDIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How accurate is the CPU usage? What's the temporal resolution of the CPU usage data? Since at 60fps frame times are 16ms, even a 1ms spike can significantly decrease the fps if the GPU has to wait for it to pass. The CPU usage statistics look quite coarse to me which leads me to believe that it is already some kind of moving average filtered signal. This does not really tell us much in terms of CPU limits to performance. 30% or 50% CPU usage should not make any difference to the framerate. It's the split second (single thread) spike that might cause the performance to degrade.

Comment

Originally posted by dwagner View Post
      Admittedly off-topic, but does somebody know why https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux/ says "No repositories found" right now? Repo moved, site down/hacked, or other reasons?
      I think people.freedesktop.org is/was down due to issues during a VM move, and there might be some fallout there.

Comment

Seems like the whole site is down. I checked ~airlied and mesa/mesa, no luck with either.
        Test signature

Comment

Hopefully it is not some M/S attack, now when everybody know that we are all vulnerable.

Comment

Hopefully it's not hosted on the same server as lkml

Test signature

Comment

..or they have some server configuration to do (mod_rewrite?) as it works with:

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Hopefully it's not hosted on the same server as lkml

https://twitter.com/spaans/status/950997431826767872
                That seems the best M/S mitigation technique, to turn off everything while you are not there

Comment

Probably worth looking at for titles where a large difference in framerate is occurring between brands. For example I believe Nvidia had a significant lead with Deus Ex but I can't remember if that mattered at the 1060 level since the rx580 is already doing so well.

Comment

Originally posted by dwagner View Post
                    Admittedly off-topic, but does somebody know why https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux/ says "No repositories found" right now? Repo moved, site down/hacked, or other reasons?
                    All fine for me, again.
                    Downtime was _short_, at least here from Germany.

Comment

Something to think about (bridgman?):

Dave's latest radv (hash table patch).
                      cpupower govenor results

[Mesa-dev] [PATCH] radv/winsys: replace bo list searchs with a hash table.

Greetings,
                      Dieter

BTW "radv: don't emit unneeded vertex state." landed.

Comment

Working...
                      X