Funtin SFF-8639: U.2 NVMe SSD To PCI-E Card Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Why you don't fucking read what I posted to others making the same question https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...092#post990092 ?
    you post some irrelevant stuff instead of using your brain
    drive sizes grow exponentially
    drive speeds also have to grow exponentially, otherwise time to read whole drive will increase exponentially
    in case you still didn't get it: no, you can't reduce number of lines with faster pcie, because faster pcie comes in future and in future you need faster drive
    Last edited by pal666; 19 November 2017, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      by uptake i referred to motherboards. now there is u.2 ssd and i expect more u.2 motherboards
      Most will just make M.2 ports and provide optional M.2 to U.2 adapters, because that's what makes the most sense.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        you post some irrelevant stuff instead of using your brain
        you still don't fucking read the posts where I answered the same question https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...097#post990097
        and another post where another guy also answered the same question
        Phoronix: Funtin SFF-8639: U.2 NVMe SSD To PCI-E Card Adapter With our review this week of the Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB U.2 SSD there was a discussion in

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          Most will just make M.2 ports and provide optional M.2 to U.2 adapters, because that's what makes the most sense.
          I think U.2 will be a bit more common, but use it and you can't use the 2nd M.2 slot, this sort of things. Not too different from having an adapter, cheap enough but not found on cheap mainstream mobos still.

Comment

Working...
          X