MSI DS502 USB Gaming Headset Works On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxie View Post

I have a set of Alessandro MS1's that cost me AUD$150 back in 2010 - they still sound very nice - nice sound stage, handles delicate music nicely - heck - even EDM and Metal sound alright! EUR$200 would get you a nice set of cans, but you are well into diminishing returns territory.

For that price i would be wanting a very nice noise cancelling headset that runs of USB with a powered amp driving the speakers in your choice of open of closed back.
    I have AKG K550 MKII, of which I am "quite" happy. Like everything, diminishing returns affect earphones too, but for me those tiny differences in sound can make a huge difference anyway. It is almost like reversed diminishing returns, where everything sounds intolerable shit until it begins to sound tolerable, and from tolerable to great every little bit counts like beyond words. But of course the price is high, however, it is tolerable when gains are subjectively speaking high too

Regarding cars I have the exact opposite, I am happy to drive whatever crap car.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post

I have AKG K550 MKII, of which I am "quite" happy. Like everything, diminishing returns affect earphones too, but for me those tiny differences in sound can make a huge difference anyway. It is almost like reversed diminishing returns, where everything sounds intolerable shit until it begins to sound tolerable, and from tolerable to great every little bit counts like beyond words. But of course the price is high, however, it is tolerable when gains are subjectively speaking high too

Regarding cars I have the exact opposite, I am happy to drive whatever crap car.
      what truly matters with audio reproduction is what makes the end listener happy. If you can pick out the missing bits and it annoys you, then that really is the only justification on spending more $

when I first got into car audio, I saw a set of Dynaudio 3 way splits for AUD$1100 and thought "who in their right mind would want that". a few years in and those same splits were entering the realm of possibility!

Comment

what truly matters with audio reproduction is what makes the end listener happy. If you can pick out the missing bits and it annoys you, then that really is the only justification on spending more $

when I first got into car audio, I saw a set of Dynaudio 3 way splits for AUD$1100 and thought "who in their right mind would want that". a few years in and those same splits were entering the realm of possibility!
        I agree, if it sounds better, then it is worth to get And more, if it looks better and sounds equal, then it can still be worth to get

Comment

I agree, if it sounds better, then it is worth to get And more, if it looks better and sounds equal, then it can still be worth to get
          never underestimate the power of OHH SHINY

Comment

never underestimate the power of OHH SHINY
            Well, let me continue then. If it both looks and sounds equal but feels better, then it can still be worth to get

Comment

Well, let me continue then. If it both looks and sounds equal but feels better, then it can still be worth to get
              I learnt a long time ago that audio gear can leave you feeling very poor if you have poor impulse control!

Comment

Working...
              X