Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVMe Power-Savings Support Is Coming For Linux

Phoronix: NVMe Power-Savings Support Is Coming For Linux

The Linux kernel to now hasn't provided proper support for NVMe power-savings via APST, Autonomous Power State Transitions, but it's coming...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm holding off buying an NVMe M.2 ssd for my laptop until this is in the mainline kernel. I'd love to see some benchmark comparisons of the power consumption of SATA M.2 cards vs NVMe M.2 cards in a laptop.

Comment

Is actually possible to compare the NVMe SSD power consumption to a newer kernel? And where can one find documentation about which states are possible? Does the newer 960 Evo allow more states?

Comment

Originally posted by galatians View Post
        I'm holding off buying an NVMe M.2 ssd for my laptop until this is in the mainline kernel. I'd love to see some benchmark comparisons of the power consumption of SATA M.2 cards vs NVMe M.2 cards in a laptop.
        Be sure to double check that your laptop will boot from NVMe. A lot of desktop boards have had BIOS updates for this, but laptop manufacturers have no incentive to fix the BIOS for anything they didn't ship with the original hardware.

Comment

Working...
        X