• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azrael5
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    unapproved again....

Ok, please keep in mind that hevc support isn't given by the dvb-xxx device but by the PC running it.

The dvb-xxx device only translates the radio waves into a digital media stream that has to be processed. If this stream is encoded in hevc codec it will need either hardware decoding, or it will go on software decoding (CPU will have to handle it).

So please check if the PC running linux has hardware hevc decoders supported by linux, or you will have to use a mid-end processor to handle it (i5 for example)
    yes I know however the Tv or monitor has to support those specs UHD 10bit color depth ans so on otherwise the screen cannot process the image.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    unapproved again....

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    So you have replied to my question with that article.
    Ok, please keep in mind that hevc support isn't given by the dvb-xxx device but by the PC running it.

The dvb-xxx device only translates the radio waves into a digital media stream that has to be processed. If this stream is encoded in hevc codec it will need either hardware decoding, or it will go on software decoding (CPU will have to handle it).

So please check if the PC running linux has hardware hevc decoders supported by linux, or you will have to use a mid-end processor to handle it (i5 for example)

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    So you have replied to my question with that article.

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    I'm not sure about what you are asking.
    Anyway, the team/project that makes that kinds of devices work on linux is "linux TV", and this is the wiki with supported devices atm https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.p...ce_Information

hevc support depends from drivers and hardare support, just google that.
    thanks ofr replay: there are devices provided of android which lets the user to see up to ultrahd 4k videos on 10-bit color depth television attached by dvb-t2 or dvb-s2. So android manages this kind of technology. Question was: could linux operating systems manage both dvb-t2 and dvb-s2 4k devices? So you have replied to my question with that article.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    linux operating systems could manage dvb-t2 hevc decoders as android?
    I'm not sure about what you are asking.
    Anyway, the team/project that makes that kinds of devices work on linux is "linux TV", and this is the wiki with supported devices atm https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.p...ce_Information

hevc support depends from drivers and hardare support, just google that.

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5
    replied
    linux operating systems could manage dvb-t2 hevc decoders as android?

Leave a comment:

• speculatrix
    replied
    Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
    I sadly realised that nowadays without 16GB you can't even browse the web decently (Gnome + Firefox on Fedora).. I just wished they put 2 sodimm slots
    are you really going to be surfing the net on your in-case PC?

speaking of which, it'd be cool if they had a 2-DIN open frame with a display screen so you could fit one on in your car, with room to fit the audio amp, and canbus interface.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
    I sadly realised that nowadays without 16GB you can't even browse the web decently (Gnome + Firefox on Fedora).. I just wished they put 2 sodimm slots
    They have a slightly larger box with the same SoC and 2 RAM slots (up to 16GB total).

Also, 16GB for web browsing? WTF man, W.T.F.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Originally posted by horizonbrave
    I sadly realised that nowadays without 16GB you can't even browse the web decently (Gnome + Firefox on Fedora)
    YMMV. Fifth rarely exceeds 1GB here. (insert standard disclaimer to people addicted to Facebook games, etc)

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X