Snagging A Deal On My Newest 4K Adaptive-Sync Monitor For Linux Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by faph View Post
    I would have went with the EIZO FORIS FS2735: IPS-Panel, 2k @ 144 Hz @ 1ms, 27"

IMHO 2k is also more consumer ready/suitable for the foreseeable future (in general, not just for linux gaming).
    Actually 4k is just fine now that we've broken the 28nm wall, and 8k should be just fine by the time connection standards are really good enough to support it.

Comment

Originally posted by anybody View Post
      Both the Asus and the Samsung have TN Panels. Wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole.
      Specs seem pretty similar, however the Asus seems to have a proper base (height adjustable!) and integrated speakers.
      You can get a 24-inch 4k IPS for $390 https://www.amazon.com/MG24UQ-4K-4ms...=sr_1_4&sr=8-4

Comment

Originally posted by faph View Post
        Well, really only 76Hz?? How do you want to properly test FreeSync with this?

Or do you expect no game under linux and 4k to run more then 76fps ... /sarcasm

I would have went with the EIZO FORIS FS2735: IPS-Panel, 2k @ 144 Hz @ 1ms, 27"

IMHO 2k is also more consumer ready/suitable for the foreseeable future (in general, not just for linux gaming).

Yeah! And only $1,300! /sarcasm

Comment

pixeldensitycalculator.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, pixeldensitycalculator.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

3840x2160@28" is 157.35 Pixels Per Inch.

I honestly prefer my monitors to be closer to 100-120 PPI at most as I don't like to squint.

It seems ridiculous to use a desk monitor @ 4k and smaller than 36"-40" @ 4k. Right now I have a 43" 4k monitor and I can say that not using DPI scaling and having a lower PPI density and larger screen makes it a programming dream as I can tile 3x2 windows in gTile on 2 workspaces expediting my work.
          Last edited by ElectricPrism; 18 June 2016, 11:27 PM.

Comment

When I had my 28" 4k I just changed the desktop DPI for font/icons to be bigger. Was easy to do under Windows but unsure if you can do it allinone go under Linux.

Comment

Yeah. Wake me up when there is a 2k 144hz 1ms monitor for 200.

Comment

I will not be upgrading until 4k@120hz with freesync exist.

Comment

Working...
                X