Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Power Management Improved With The Updates To Fedora 23?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has Power Management Improved With The Updates To Fedora 23?

    Phoronix: Has Power Management Improved With The Updates To Fedora 23?

    Yesterday I posted some of benchmarks of Fedora 23 with available stable updates along with enabling the Rawhide Nodebug repository for easy access to the Linux 4.6 Git kernel. Those numbers weren't terribly interesting, but is it any better on the power consumption front with these kernel upgrades for a Lenovo ThinkPad ultrabook?..

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Updates-Power

  • #2
    The only new thing in Fedora 23 is this annoying black bar... Any suggestion?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by boffo View Post
      The only new thing in Fedora 23 is this annoying black bar... Any suggestion?
      This only happens to Firefox? I had a similar issue in 2012 with Firefox Nightly, later discovered to be a bug on gpu acceleration, so I disabled it and a few weeks later after an update they fixed the issue and I returned to the default config option

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

        This only happens to Firefox? I had a similar issue in 2012 with Firefox Nightly, later discovered to be a bug on gpu acceleration, so I disabled it and a few weeks later after an update they fixed the issue and I returned to the default config option
        No, it's the desktop, the mouse area is partialy distorted. For example if I move the mouse on the upper area the lower hidden panel appears. If I play L4D2 the mouse input is completely random.
        It's not related to the drivers. It's present both on xorg and wayland.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by boffo View Post

          No, it's the desktop, the mouse area is partialy distorted. For example if I move the mouse on the upper area the lower hidden panel appears. If I play L4D2 the mouse input is completely random.
          It's not related to the drivers. It's present both on xorg and wayland.
          Weird, never had this issue.

          How are you sure its not driver related? Showing its present on xorg and wayland sort of suggests it is driver related to me.
          What graphics card and driver are you using?

          Comment


          • #6
            It's an AMD Trinity APU. The driver work's just fine, L4D2 works fine (not the mouse input, it used to work fine). I know that it's not the driver because the mouse area get's shifted/distorted as I explained above and because I'm using the default Fedora 23 driver, which was working fine for 3 months till this happened. This black thing is more like a panel, if I move the mouse on it the input position of the click is shifted or for example a label appears somewhere else, that's what I meant with "the area is partially distorted".

            Comment


            • #7
              I use Fedora as my main system for the last six months. Feels like Fedora's got little going on for it. And running "sudo dnf update" has consistently wrecked everything.

              I just get whatever single package-updates I need, I dont recall bein recruited as a software tester, haha.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by boffo View Post
                It's an AMD Trinity APU. The driver work's just fine, L4D2 works fine (not the mouse input, it used to work fine). I know that it's not the driver because the mouse area get's shifted/distorted as I explained above and because I'm using the default Fedora 23 driver, which was working fine for 3 months till this happened. This black thing is more like a panel, if I move the mouse on it the input position of the click is shifted or for example a label appears somewhere else, that's what I meant with "the area is partially distorted".
                Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
                I use Fedora as my main system for the last six months. Feels like Fedora's got little going on for it. And running "sudo dnf update" has consistently wrecked everything.

                I just get whatever single package-updates I need, I dont recall bein recruited as a software tester, haha.
                Weird, I usually stay pretty up to date with all my packages and I've never experienced issues from updating... doing an distro sync/update or updates testing, of course, but never from a regular dnf update.

                File roller has been "aesthetically broken" for a while for me, but it broke when I originally did a distro-sync to fedora 22 a while ago, not a regular update (distro-sync to 23 didn't fix it lol... been to lazy to look into it).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
                  Weird, I usually stay pretty up to date with all my packages and I've never experienced issues from updating... doing an distro sync/update or updates testing, of course, but never from a regular dnf update.
                  Buttons like volume up/down loose function, the dreaded broadcom wifi *always* needs the driver re-installed, VirtualBox doesn't work with 4.3.2.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AdamOne View Post

                    Buttons like volume up/down loose function, the dreaded broadcom wifi *always* needs the driver re-installed, VirtualBox doesn't work with 4.3.2.
                    I don't think its fair to include software that doesn't exist in fedora's repositories.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X