Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More USB 3.1 Work Heading To Linux 4.6 Kernel

Phoronix: More USB 3.1 Work Heading To Linux 4.6 Kernel

The USB changes were made known this week for the Linux 4.6 kernel cycle...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-For-Linux-4.6

...around the SuperSpeedPlus transfer rate support of 10 Gbit/s for USB 3.1...
    New in USB 7.5: HyperSuperSpeedPlusTheWorldWarriorTurboChampionEdi tion

PS: This forum is insisting in having a space between "di" and "tion" no matter how much I tried to correct it... there goes the joke down the toilet :P

Comment

Is TRIM supposed to work now (with the UAS protocol)?

If not, the interpretation of that 10 Gbit/s figure will have to continue to be that it's going to nosedive after a certain amount of gigabytes written to that poor SSD in the other end.
      Last edited by andreano; 20 March 2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

It would just be nice if USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices could co-exist on the same USB 3.0 hub... :-(

Comment

USB 3.1 can also be used with Intel Thunderbolt.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            USB 3.1 can also be used with Intel Thunderbolt.
            Does that mean TB3 support? Better TB support under Linux would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by bobwya View Post
              It would just be nice if USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices could co-exist on the same USB 3.0 hub... :-(
              Do you mean that when you put in an usb 2.0 device in a usb 3.0 hub it becomes an usb 2.0 hub for every port?

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

Does that mean TB3 support? Better TB support under Linux would be nice.
                Not directly.
                Thunderbolt 1 and 2 had one connector, but Thunderbolt 3 uses the USB Type-C connector.
                However, I believe that I have read somewhere, sometime ago that Linux was getting better Thunderbolt 3 support.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post

New in USB 7.5: HyperSuperSpeedPlusTheWorldWarriorTurboChampionEdi tion

PS: This forum is insisting in having a space between "di" and "tion" no matter how much I tried to correct it... there goes the joke down the toilet :P
                  Yeah, whenever I see naming like that I automatically think about A Tanenbaum's categorization of network speed .
                  Last edited by bug77; 21 March 2016, 09:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Yeah, whenever I see naming like that I automatically think about A Tannenbaum's categorization of network speed .
                    What are you referring to? My web searching skills are failing me right now …

Comment

Working...
                    X