• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compulab
    replied
    Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post

Hello.

Those 200W could be unbalanced, such as 40W CPU & 160W GPU?

Or must be fifty / fifty?
    Airtop dissipates heat through the chassis walls using natural airflow through air-tubes. Each wall is designed for 100W so Core-i5 + GTX 970 will not work.
    See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy3nhYPUd7I for a video explaining how Airtop cooling works.

Leave a comment:

• illwieckz
    replied
    This definitely can't be “one of the coolest Linux-friendly PCs ever for enthusiasts” if it's shipped with a nVidia GPU, which is one of the less Linux-friendly hardware ever.

I can't buy it for sure. A better and honest statement could be “one of the coolest nVidia-friendly PCs ever for nVidia enthusiasts” and it's the best way to lose consumers.

Leave a comment:

• DebianLinuxero
    replied
    Originally posted by Compulab View Post

We will take it as a compliment.
    Airtop is real and it can dissipate 200W passively.

Best regards,
    Irad Stavi, Compulab
    Hello.

Those 200W could be unbalanced, such as 40W CPU & 160W GPU?

Or must be fifty / fifty?

Leave a comment:

• TuxInvader
    replied
    What ever happened to Zalmans silent cases?

They did something lke this 12 years ago ( http://www.quietpc.com/tnn500af ), but have obviously abandoned the idea.

Leave a comment:

• Compulab
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    passively cooled 200 watts is a lie
    We will take it as a compliment.
    Airtop is real and it can dissipate 200W passively.

Best regards,
    Irad Stavi, Compulab

Leave a comment:

• Compulab
    replied
    Originally posted by jKicker View Post
    I like how they are starting from 761$, but when you actually click and set everything to "Not installed" it is 767$
    No intention to mislead about price. A DIY Airtop kit with no CPU still needs a CPU installed and tested thoroughly (function and thermals) before taking out the CPU. Testing labor is priced at $6. I guess $767 could be made the baseline, but then it would skew the cost of other CPU options and would become more difficult to manage.

Best regards,
    Irad Stavi, Compulab

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    passively cooled 200 watts is a lie

Leave a comment:

• karolherbst
    replied
    Originally posted by Tomin View Post

Really? What kind of use are you comparing?
    At least to my eyes it seems that GeForce is winning by a big margin just by comparing specs, which of course doesn't always translate to real world performance but the difference is so big that they must be in different league. Some specs to compare: http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index...s-6200-desktop

Remember that this is GTX 950 and not a mobile chip like GTX 950M.

those latest iris gpus can beat pretty much every non GDDR5 nvidia gpu.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by kapouer View Post
    Wonderful, but aren't all rockchip-based pc already without fan ? and stay cool ? I have a cubox and an asus c201, both are small, noiseless, cool computers that provide more than enough CPU to do everyday tasks. The only problem right now is that installing linux with gpu driver working is not easy or always possible.
    A lot of ARM devices are passively cooled... But none of them are in the same class of performance and potential as the Airtop hardware.

Leave a comment:

• jKicker
    replied
    Originally posted by riklaunim View Post
    I can't find much use for GTX 950, just bit faster than Iris Pro Graphics 6200 found on the Intel CPU.
    Since you are on phoronix I would expect better comment than this
    iris 6200 is slower than gtx 750 http://media.bestofmicro.com/T/J/497...-IGP-GTA-V.png

As for the article, I like how they are starting from 761$, but when you actually click and set everything to "Not installed" it is 767$, which is actually almost unusable...just saying
    I've just recently made a small build with gtx 970 mini and water cooling in coolermaster elite 110 case, which was smallest I could find that fits and was available in my country, but I would still love to make it smaller
    It would be awesome if airtop included 970, since it's also very small and conservative in power usage

Leave a comment:

Working...
X