problem with SHIFT, CTRL and ALT button with integrated keyboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with SHIFT, CTRL and ALT button with integrated keyboard

I've bought a new notebook. HP Pavilion 15 ab062nl. but i've a problem with keyboard with SHIFT, ALT and CTRL buttons. for example, when i press SHIFT button to write Upper case letters, writes some letters upper case, and then starts to write letters lowercase, even if i'm still pressing SHIFT button. it is like if i release the button, but isn't so. i've the same problem with ALT (for example when i use ALT-TAB), and the same problem with CTRL buttons.+
    the problem is that it is as if I left these buttons, but it isn't.
    Sometimes it is as if these buttons are pressed autonomously, for example when i scroll pages on firefox (or other browser) using wheel of mouse, sometimes it is like if i press ALT button, and firefox starts to resize the zoom of the page, but i'm not pressing ALT button.
    furthermore I discovered that if i press the only SHIFT buttons for 1 or 2 seconds, all these problmems momentarily disappear (until i rebook system).
    i've noticed this bug with all distro (i've tested ArchLinux, Antergos, Fedora 16 and Fedora 23, Ubuntu 15.10 Ubuntu 14.04, Debian 8.0.2). i've tested only x86_64 distros, and i've tested with all DE (and also without a DE).
    this isn't an hardware problem, because on Windows i haven't these problems, and even on a linux distro on virtualbox under windows.
    i don't know which is the cause of this problem.
    My hardware: CPU: AMD A10 8700p GPU: radeon r6 + radeon r7 m360 RAM: 8GB DDR3L 1600mhz
    if i try with an external USB keyboard, i haven't these problems
    i've also tried with 32bit distributions, but i've the same problems. and i've also tried with fedora 23, on gnome wayland session.
    this is a very boring bug, i don't know wich is the cause.
    Last edited by Dea1993; 11-22-2015, 06:40 AM. Reason: notebook, amd, keyboard, linux

• Dea1993
    replied
    i've tried add

acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=vendor

on /etc/default/grub, and then update grub, but i've the same problems, ALT, CTRL and SHIFT not work well (until i press for some seconds only the button SHIFT), furthermore, if i add this line on bootargs, i can't control brightness of the laptop's screen

Leave a comment:

• Dea1993
    replied
    Thanks for help.. I'll try this evening

Leave a comment:

• cbxbiker61
    replied
    Yes, HP is doing some crap with their keyboard that apparently Windows drivers handle. Linux handles the keyboard OK if you set your bootargs. If you look online you'll see that people have all sorts of crap problems with the way HP notebook keyboards work (or don't work).

Add these to your bootargs.

acpi_osi="Linux" acpi_backlight=vendor

Leave a comment:

Working...
X