• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucic
    replied
    Originally posted by Adarion View Post
    Logitech really goes down the drain...
    They used to make such good mice. But it seems they're getting crazy. I still have some older Logitech equipment but new devices currently are from Roccat.
    Indeed. Take G500 for example. 1 KG of force required to press the damn scrolleheel (middle) button and when you succeed you're going to wake up your whole family. And they use the module on several models!

Leave a comment:

• red_team316
    replied
    I've used Logitech mice for awhile and they have always traditionally been good at making mice. Skip all of their other products. I own 2 Logitech Performance MX mice and when I need a new mouse regardless of reason, I will be looking at other alternatives, solely because Logitech just doesn't support Linux. Logitech, take note.

The Steam Summer Sale happened recently, and for the sale, they had a Monster clicking game that rewarded big sales on specific game titles. My colleague saw the sale and when I saw him erratically clicking his mouse, I quickly found out what was happening. I laughed and told him that a Steam sale on mice was coming soon or a sale on carpal tunnel surgery. Within about an hour, I wrote a small shell script to automate the process of winning the game ( seen in action here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8E...ew?usp=sharing ) and shared it with him to use( Ultimately, I didn't get anything on the steam summer sale due to being busy with other stuff so I hope he found something good).

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by rogatti View Post
    Logitech Performance MX ... no stress.
    Anywhere MX (first gen)

But even second gen of that one scares me a bit.

Leave a comment:

• xeekei
    replied
    Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should just bite the bullet and get used to a larger mouse? :/ It will make buying mice easier in the future.

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    I want/need a wireless mouse with lateral buttons, back and forward "browser buttons". It's really useful um FPS games. The A4tech mouse got me used to small mouses, about 10/11 cm in length. The Microsoft Laser 5000 fells too big now.

The A4Tech modell I have is a G10 wireless model, with the browser buttons, a button to change configurations on the fly (I use it to change the DPI) and a macro button (between left button and the wheel) that I use as a turbo for the left mouse button. I can live without the configurations and macro buttons, butt the browser buttons is mandatory for me.

The problem is actually difficult to find a good, small wireless mouse with the browser buttons. Microsoft don't make then anymore, Roccat and Razer too, and Logitech has a long list of mouses with small butt annoying problems/limitations.

Leave a comment:

• xeekei
    replied
    ROCCAT really is the way to go if you can afford it. But if you just want a cheap mouse, any 3-button mouse will work. It is true that they haven't updated their wireless line-up. It's my biggest petpeeve right now. Also they've stopped selling the optical Kone XTD.

I'm personally waiting for their tenkeyless mechanical keyboard with RGB-lighting.

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

I have an A4Tech mouse with this bug too. So some months ago I got a Roccat Mouse and am happy ever since. Great linux drivers, super hardware, much smoother pointer movement.
    They are a bit overpriced, but I think the linux support is worth it.

I looked at their mouses too, but they no longer sells wireless mouses.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied
    Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
    I have a A4Tech mouse (witch I like very much) that have a annoying bug. It gets recognized as a joystick by the kernel driver, so some games have problems working with the actual joypad that I use, a Xb1 Controller.

So I start to look at Logitech mouses (I already have a wireless keyboard with a unified receiver) and the M560 looked like the best candidate to buy (money wise). When I look at the reviews I couldn't believe at the design decisions regarding the functions of the buttons.

In the end, I took the dust off a old Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 (what a name...) and loosed interest in the Logitech mouse. If this new kernel driver cold make it work normally in Linux, I can start thinking of buying it again.
    I have an A4Tech mouse with this bug too. So some months ago I got a Roccat Mouse and am happy ever since. Great linux drivers, super hardware, much smoother pointer movement.
    They are a bit overpriced, but I think the linux support is worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Adarion
    replied
    Logitech really goes down the drain...
    They used to make such good mice. But it seems they're getting crazy. I still have some older Logitech equipment but new devices currently are from Roccat.

Leave a comment:

• rogatti
    replied
    Logitech Performance MX ... no stress.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X