CompuLab's Fitlet Is A Very Tiny, Fanless, Linux PC With AMD A10 Micro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CompuLab's Fitlet Is A Very Tiny, Fanless, Linux PC With AMD A10 Micro

Phoronix: CompuLab's Fitlet Is A Very Tiny, Fanless, Linux PC With AMD A10 Micro

Over the past few weeks I've been testing out the CompuLab Fitlet as a neat little Linux PC powered by an AMD A10 Micro-6700T APU with Radeon R6 Graphics. The model I've been testing features 4GB of RAM and a 64GB SSD with the mentioned A10 Micro APU all while being fanless and being smaller than an Intel NUC. The performance out of this tiny computer is quite impressive and reinforces that good things can come out of small packages.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How can we compare the A10 Micro-6700T APU's IGP to that of Tegra K1? Did none of the GPU tests run on Tegra? Are there any OpenCL tests or anything else that could relate their performance?

Comment

Originally posted by Meteorhead View Post
      How can we compare the A10 Micro-6700T APU's IGP to that of Tegra K1? Did none of the GPU tests run on Tegra? Are there any OpenCL tests or anything else that could relate their performance?
      The particular tests run were test profiles using x86 binaries. Open-source Radeon driver stack used so not really useful / can't run the usual OpenCL benchmarks.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I'm really interested to see some performance-per-watt results. This seems like some pretty decent hardware. I'm surprised the CPU portion is as good as it is.

Comment

One of those with a USB digital tuner adapter would make for a pretty good media center. One capable of PC gaming at low settings and all kinds of retro gaming. Throw in a USB BT adapter and some gaming pads and remote control. edit: Oh and a sound bar with a floor subwoofer.
          Last edited by duby229; 18 June 2015, 04:19 PM.

Comment

note that the $700 one has win7. IMO windows is not needed in these lower spec computers.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
              One of those with a USB digital tuner adapter would make for a pretty good media center. One capable of PC gaming at low settings and all kinds of retro gaming. Throw in a USB BT adapter and some gaming pads and remote control. edit: Oh and a sound bar with a floor subwoofer.
              If you have a more powerful machine running Steam you can use SteamPlay to play graphics-heavy games on this device.

I can also see one being used as a Plex server (USB 3 external hard drive), OpenBSD based router (get the 4 LAN port version)...lots of possibilities.

Comment

I would love to know more about the temperature and power consumption under those benchmarks
                Will it overheat if I run it 24/7 with 100% load?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

The particular tests run were test profiles using x86 binaries. Open-source Radeon driver stack used so not really useful / can't run the usual OpenCL benchmarks.
                  Can we hope for some Catalyst tests to get a picture of IGP performance relative to Tegra?

Comment

Originally posted by kaidenshi View Post

If you have a more powerful machine running Steam you can use SteamPlay to play graphics-heavy games on this device.

I can also see one being used as a Plex server (USB 3 external hard drive), OpenBSD based router (get the 4 LAN port version)...lots of possibilities.
                    For using it at home, I had the same idea. Although at home I would install Windows 10 on it and use the AC antennas so it could be the router too.

Comment

Working...
                    X