Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 0.17 Fixes Issues

Phoronix: Libinput 0.17 Fixes Issues

While libinput 0.16 was recently released, Libinput 0.17.0 has been released just a few days later to fix some outstanding issues...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How about mouse acceleration issues. It drives me nuts in F22.....just frigging disable it, and add a config setting to enable it if you need it.

Almost no one wants acceleration. Having it by default with no setting to disable it is an extreme example of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
      How about mouse acceleration issues. It drives me nuts in F22.....just frigging disable it, and add a config setting to enable it if you need it.

Almost no one wants acceleration. Having it by default with no setting to disable it is an extreme example of stupidity.
      Have you filed a bug report? If not, it would be helpful to do so and post a link here.

Comment

Damn I fixed it somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
          How about mouse acceleration issues. It drives me nuts in F22..
          In Fedora Gnome the settings for mouse speed (acceleration?) don't allow to go lower than I actually need so I end up with a mouse moving faster than needed, which is stupid because I'm aware of this issue for a few years already. In Fedora KDE there's no such issue because the programmers are generally not idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
            In Fedora KDE there's no such issue because the programmers are generally not idiots.
            I tried libinput a few months ago. Even at the lowest acceleration factor my mouse is still way too fast. Under the old xinput driver I have to use a custom script that puts it at a deceleration factor of 6. There is no equivalent for libinput, though.

Comment

I like the first few replies

I saw the word libinput in the title and the first thing I thought was "God damn it have they fixed the damn mouse acceleration yet?". Seems I wasn't alone there

Tried to get it to work properly for ages before finding a developer reply to a bug report admitting it was fooked. Went back to evdev.

As grndzro mentioned: Why the hell do all the input libraries + desktop environments insist on wanting to make this a feature. If you aren't using a ball mouse or something of a similar age, its just a useless and bad feature. Dealing with mouse settings on Linux is an absolute mess tbh, especially as lots of the documentation goes on about xset which is just lies.

Comment

Working...
              X