Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Compute Stick Performance Surprises Under Ubuntu Linux

Phoronix: Intel Compute Stick Performance Surprises Under Ubuntu Linux

Since last week I've been testing the Intel Compute Stick, the quad-core Atom Z3735F Atom powered PC that's a little bigger than the size of an HDMI connector. In this article are some benchmarks of this $150 quad-core + 32GB eMMC + 2GB RAM tiny computer in a variety of benchmarks comparing it to other low-power x86 and ARMv7 hardware.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

People should remember that the tested mac mini is much faster than the slowest low end models. This ain't so bad

Comment

Michael, ever since you did the mobile CSS changes a few weeks ago, big system spec tables have caused horizontal scrolling. This article has a particularly wide table...

Comment

Must buy, McAfee AntiVirus Plus included!!1!1!

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
          Michael, ever since you did the mobile CSS changes a few weeks ago, big system spec tables have caused horizontal scrolling. This article has a particularly wide table...
          Also I noticed that in linux when I click on the top left link in the corner it opens to http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/, but in windows it opens to http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...BE-JETSON99161

not sure what the difference is.
          Last edited by duby229; 01 June 2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Color me impressed, those are impressive specs and more impressive performance for such a tiny computer. One wonders how the hell they fit 2GB of memory and a quad core processor into that tiny thing without it always being overheating. Not to mention it could perform this well on very low power. I want it.

Comment

I believe that the compute stick has a recovery partition for reinstalling linux if things go wrong. Do you know if it is possible to download the recovery files/image if the stick's own copy gets corrupted?

Also, did you compile your kernel 4.1 with any special flags?

thanks

Comment

I'm not so impressed by this. The only interesting comparison was actually against the nvidia tk1, which is a quad cortex-a15. What I read from the tests is that it LOST as much as it WON against that competitor, which realistically puts it ON PAR with a LAST generation 32bit ARM... which will be obliterated by a CURRENT generation ARMv8 with an equal core count.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                  Color me impressed, those are impressive specs and more impressive performance for such a tiny computer. One wonders how the hell they fit 2GB of memory and a quad core processor into that tiny thing without it always being overheating. Not to mention it could perform this well on very low power. I want it.
                  Well... my cell phone has more CPU, more RAM, and doesn't have any air flow openings... yet it doesn't EVER overheat.

Comment

Working...
                  X