Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speculatrix
    replied
    I asked on the Intel forum about how to get a factory restore image for Linux on the HDMI Stick; was told that there wasn't, as there's a recovery partition on the stick.

I am wondering whether the stated 8GB storage of the linux stick is before or after the recovery partition is taken into account... if not, I would guess that the linux version doesn't have much free space after taking into account the recovery partition and the OS install.

I would like to get hold of the image as it could be very useful for getting linux running on other devices with the Atom 3735F processor, like my Toshiba Click Mini.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Running Linux On The Intel Compute Stick

Running Linux On The Intel Compute Stick

Phoronix: Running Linux On The Intel Compute Stick

The Intel Compute Stick has begun shipping, a tiny device that plugs into any HDMI TV or monitor and turns it into a fully-functioning computer. This low-power PC ships with Windows 8.1 or Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, though at the moment the Windows version is first to market with the Ubuntu Compute Stick not widely shipping until June. I have an Intel Compute Stick at Phoronix for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X