Linux 4.1 Improvements For The Google Pixel 2 & Xbox One Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.1 Improvements For The Google Pixel 2 & Xbox One Controllers

Phoronix: Linux 4.1 Improvements For The Google Pixel 2 & Xbox One Controllers

The latest pull request worth talking about for the in-development Linux 4.1 kernel are the input driver changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've the following pull-request: physx driver for specific card.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
      I've the following pull-request: physx driver for specific card.
      Where?
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Where?
        "where" is it important?I need a list od possible addressers. so I'll send them the request.

Comment

Glad to see the drivers finally getting mainlined. I bought this laptop and put Arch on it; it is an amazing experience. Lacking the function keys can sometimes get on my nerves, but the biggest problem is the audio drivers getting mainlined. Did Google also submit the patches to take care of the audio? I am presently using a patched kernel (using Chrome OS drivers) and I believe that the audio card isn't driving my earphones at full blast, so I am just waiting for Google to mainline those drivers.

If anybody else has the computer, here is where you can find the patched kernel: https://github.com/tsowell/linux-samus

So far the only real issue is the audio with this kernel. The touchpad drivers are a bit incomplete, so it will be nice to get these, though I use a mouse usually.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
            "where" is it important?I need a list od possible addressers. so I'll send them the request.
            The mailing list?
            afaik, if you have something, that'd be the best place to throw it.

Comment

The xbox controller patch has been in the SteamOS kernel repository for months, weird how long it tookes to get it mainlined. Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by tmpdir View Post
                The xbox controller patch has been in the SteamOS kernel repository for months, weird how long it tookes to get it mainlined. Why is that?
                Actually I sent the patch before knowing that the SteamOS already patched for the controller, and I found that my patch to the upstream isn't complete (but working well) since the vibration command needs a packet number. Also, the SteamOS patch also found that the vibration strength should be halved.

I asked the author of the patch on SteamOS, he is also wondering if the packet number can be omitted.

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/ste...fe5635a2255836

Anyways I think I need more rumble tests. Any recommendation on games or test tools? (I tested them with fftest and Limbo)

Comment

Working...
                X