X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndyChow
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    The manual states 400 lumens, I have no way to measure it. I'm not aware of any OLED projectors, this is a LCD projector with LED lamp(s).
    400 lumens seems low, but since the scale is logarithmic, it's not THAT different than a 3000 lumens projector.

I have a standard 3000 lumens 1024 x 768 lamp projector. The problem is the lamp is rated a couple of thousand hours. I'm at 2700+ hours. A LED lamp lasts 10 000 hours+. It's a no-brainer when mine dies I will replace is with a LED projector. Less heat also, which means less fan-noise, which can be pretty annoying to be honest.

For people hesitating, a projector is one of the best purchases I ever made. Watching movies projected 8-10 feet wide on a wall is just awesome. And if you're single, it's a nice panty remover.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    lumens? lcd is different form led.
    The manual states 400 lumens, I have no way to measure it. I'm not aware of any OLED projectors, this is a LCD projector with LED lamp(s).

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Originally posted by ahlaht View Post
    Even my brand new 23" touchscreen monitor receives underscanned picture through HDMI. Yes, the problem is in the sender, but I can't fix it easily. The simplest fix is to not use HDMI. Any other connector will do.
    Let me guess you use fglrx or Windows and you did not find the needed setting in amdcccle or the AMD settings inside Windows yet?

Leave a comment:

• GraysonPeddie
    replied
    Are there any great 1080P projectors for home-theater use in a pitch-black room? Something around a $300 ballpark?

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5
    replied
    lumens? lcd is different form led.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    VGA isn't that bad. For full HD resolutions and lower, it's very capable.

Anyway, though I think this projector is pretty nifty, it seems a little too dim and the resolution is a bit too low for my liking. There are pocket projectors that, though maybe more expensive, are more practical.

Leave a comment:

• riklaunim
    replied
    Many projectors still use VGA as they are old and still work. Any more digital replacement would cost a lot and do nothing except of having different interface.

Leave a comment:

• ahlaht
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    VGA should cease to exist.
    I disagree. VGA works fine and is still useful for DIY projects and special uses. Analog has its advantages. And sometimes it's even better than HDMI.

It's HDMI which should cease to exist.

Even my brand new 23" touchscreen monitor receives underscanned picture through HDMI. Yes, the problem is in the sender, but I can't fix it easily. The simplest fix is to not use HDMI. Any other connector will do.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Interesting, although a followup with HDMI testing would be nice.

Fun fact: in my university, the main classroom of my department has a projector that only accepts VGA. Yes, that connection made in 1987 for static PCs, which doesn't support hotplugging in the slightest. The result? First, the red channel disappeared. Then, the green channel disappeared, and to get it back temporarily you would have to hold the connector while doing a presentation. Now even that doesn't work any more... and that was after the connector was already replaced once.

So yea, from all this you can see that connectors make a huge difference, and VGA should cease to exist.

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    Tape measure really? Where's the banana?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X