Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antec Veris Fusion 430

Phoronix: Antec Veris Fusion 430

Home theater PCs are a growing market. More and more people are looking for a device that can drive their entire home theater. For many, the HTPC is the solution; however, most do not want a clunky computer intruding into their living room. Who wants a Cooler Master Cosmos towering over everything in their living room? Thus over the years, many companies have offered PC cases designed specifically for the task of housing a Home Theater PC. We've looked at other HTPC cases in the past, such as the SilverStone Milo series and the Lascala LC20M, but today we will look at the Antec Veris Fusion Black 430, which is also referred to as the Fusion Black v2.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I started reading the article right after I saw the Mythbuntu screenshot..

Comment

I've build my HTPC with one of those

I bought one of the cheaper product of the same kind, the Antec NSK2480-EC which is quite the same apart from the front knob, LCD and IR. I put an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core BE-2350 which support frequency stepping (cool'n quiet at AMD), a ASUS M2A-VM HDMI board and a Scythe Ninja Mini. I removed the fan as the two big fan of the case are near to the cpu/heat sink. The case also have plastic pieces you can put to force the air to go through the cpu heat sink. It works like a charm. CPU is between 30/35 ?C when watching movies and you can't hear it is on. This case is a nice product. I just need proper ATI RS690 x-video support in radeon/radeon-hd so I can remove that nvidia card

Comment

I have the Fusion Black 430 that I'm running under Linux (FC5) and using the mentioned Linux drivers I have been able to get the LCD/IR working quite nicely. I really like being able to turn the system on and off via the remote.

I use a Thermalright SI120 passively with it and even in my entertainment center enclosed on three 5 sides my CPU still doesn't go above 35C.

Comment

Working...
        X