Fitlet: A Linux-Friendly, Fanless PC Smaller Than A NUC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coder111 View Post
    But couldn't they have made the release/"unveiling" when the machines are available on the market?
    Maybe they want people to delay their purchases and wait for their product, thus the paper launch? I'm sure there are a lot of other BS marketing/advertising reasons for it too.

Comment

Anyone knows if these devices support 4k video output?

Comment

Originally posted by peace View Post
        Probably but i i doubt that the cpu can decode it or this APUs use a new Decoder with 4k and h265 Support.

Comment

Originally posted by peace View Post
          It does, but like Nille said, no idea if the UVD unit can decode 4k video in hardware.

I think that it might have the shader-assisted decoding using catalyst that AMD introduced some time ago. I don't think that they have full 4k h265 hardware yet.

This machine is looking really attractive, by the way. I'd definitely consider it for an HTPC.

Comment

AMD says the following:

Currently available dGPU R9 285 (Tonga) has support for 4K H.264 Encoder and Decoding. APUs and dGPUs scheduled for release in 2015 will have support for 4K Encoding & Decoding as well as H.265 decoding.

So I'm guessing that this chip still can't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by coder111 View Post
              These look nice, unfortunately you cannot buy them anywhere yet.

Given the track record of this company, they should appear on the market sooner or later... But couldn't they have made the release/"unveiling" when the machines are available on the market?
              The product page says they should be taking orders starting sometime in febuary.

Having a x86 sub-10W system with dual ethernet ports and wireless and AES-NI that actually expects the products to be used in the consumer space, I'm sold on it. If I replace my current router solution I'll save 3-4 dollars a month on electricity.

Comment

Working...
              X