UbuTab: An Ubuntu Tablet With A Terabyte Hard Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
    It wish them luck. The only thing is I think they are cutting the project short but the lacking SoC, small camera resolution and no 4G/LTE. There's also no need for the harddrive. You simply need a 128GB or 256GB SDD and the 4G/LTE will get you past any other storage problems with the ability to move stuff to a personal cloud or where ever.
    Ye when you have 21mbit/s 5GB limit on 16 euro data program then you go back to 128kbit/s. This disk is much cheaper and better.

Comment

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
      I wish them luck. The only thing is I think they are cutting the project short but the lacking SoC, small camera resolution and no 4G/LTE. There's also no need for the harddrive. You simply need a 128GB or 256GB SDD and the 4G/LTE will get you past any other storage problems with the ability to move stuff to a personal cloud or where ever.
      This older SoC (probably Allwinner or Mediatek) has no SATA interface, neither USB3 interface. SSD would be kinda pointless on slow USB2 interface.

Comment

Originally posted by CtrlAltShift View Post
        This older SoC (probably Allwinner or Mediatek) has no SATA interface, neither USB3 interface. SSD would be kinda pointless on slow USB2 interface.
        And you think a 1TB HDD is better on a USB2 interface? I choose a SSD not for the speed i choose it for the parallel access and access times.

Comment

Red flags raised!

$36000 for a hardware project? One-person team? No hardware experience? Flexible funding? Indiegogo (they're already less strict than kickstarter)?

I say - no way. This will fail, assuming it's not a straight-up scam.

Comment

Originally posted by mangecoeur View Post
            $36000 for a hardware project? One-person team? No hardware experience? Flexible funding? Indiegogo (they're already less strict than kickstarter)?

I say - no way. This will fail, assuming it's not a straight-up scam.
            It can't be anything other than a scam. Too bad people have lost already over $11,000 to it.

Comment

it didn't reach its funding goal of $36k (so a long way from stretch goal of $40k), but got a decent amount of support - $28k

Comment

Working...
              X