Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acer B286HK: A 28-inch UHD LED 4K Monitor For As Low As $350

Phoronix: Acer B286HK: A 28-inch UHD LED 4K Monitor For As Low As $350

For anyone paying attention to online deals websites this week likely noticed the Acer B286HK retailing for just $350 USD. While it's not unusual these days for a 28-inch monitor to sell for less than $400, it is a different story if it's a 4K desktop monitor -- especially from a reputable brand. I ended up picking up an Acer B286HK and it's been working out great for my needs.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Try actually using the pivot function, I doubt you'll find the viewing angles adequate after that.

I guess it's a good bargain for someone who does only text-heavy office work, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who likes to play games, watch movies or do graphics work every once in a while.

Comment

sounds good

just... there are no LED monitors
      they are all LCD with LED backlight

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
        sounds good

But aren't (AM)OLEDs displays with one LED per subpixel?

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
          sounds good

Technically you are right, almost all monitors that is marketed as led are led backlight monitors. But in theory you can buy oled monitor like this:

The price is just out of this world(5k$ for 25" fullhd)...

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post
            But aren't (AM)OLEDs displays with one LED per subpixel?
            Calling OLEDs LEDs is a bit of a misnomer in my opinion, since confusion between them can cause problems.

There was a prototype TV that used regular LEDs a while back. All the benefits of OLEDs and none of the disadvantages. Except it would cost a fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              The monitor at 3840 x 2160 is limited to 30Hz
              That is not correct, the monitor supports 60 Hz. But you need to connect it to DisplayPort 1.2 instead of HDMI for that.

Comment

ymjdpprz

I was going to ask who shat on the keyboard, but apparently Acer really named the model that...

Comment

lol 6 Monhitors and a tv arent enough for your work?

TN Monitor - Done with it....

Comment

This screen looks amazing, if it had display port 1.2a I would buy it. With import tax & duties this screen is ~$600 for me without shipping.

Comment

Working...
                    X